Manchester Holidays,United Kingdom
The scene of one of the UK’s most influential musical movements and with a lively arts scene, a package holiday to Manchester with Qatar Airways Holidays will introduce you to a city that’s full of surprises. Manchester's compact, elegant and modern centre offers high-end shopping, as well as all the stores you might expect to find on a contemporary high street. You'll also spot the internationally-acclaimed Royal Exchange Theatre in this part of town, where you can catch award-winning shows.
You can’t come to Manchester without visiting one of the biggest football clubs in the world – Manchester United. Pay a visit to the Old Trafford football stadium for a backstage tour or book a ticket during the football season to experience all the atmosphere and excitement of a match. You’ll also find plenty of child-friendly attractions such as Legoland and the Sea Life Centre, making Manchester an ideal destination for families or couples.
- For unique, boutique shops, head to the Northern Quarter where you’ll find independent stores and quirky cafés.
- To leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind you take a break in the Cathedral Gardens, a few minutes north of the Arndale Shopping Centre. Beautiful in the summer, you’ll find open-air cafés where you can stop for a while and relax.
- Soak up a bit of culture in the Manchester Art Gallery, home to works by artists such as Ford Madox Brown and Adolphe Valette.
- If you want to add some adrenaline to your break visit the Chill Factore, the longest, real-snow, indoor ski-slope in the UK.
Manchester Holiday Packages
Manchester welcomes over 60 million visitors each year and is one the most popular holiday destinations in the UK. The city has retained much of its original charm, most evident in the beautifully preserved buildings along King Street and Deansgate.
You'll find plenty of options when it comes to accommodation: book your package holiday to Manchester with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you can choose anything from luxury five-star hotels and spacious, self-catering family apartments to low-cost, friendly stopovers.
The city has also established itself as something as a hotspot for food lovers where you can enjoy meals from virtually every corner of the globe. Culinary packages to Manchester are a superb way to enjoy the exciting cuisine on offer from food served in tucked-away diners to exquisite meals in fine-dining restaurants. With so much to see and do, just one package holiday to Manchester may not be enough.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
Manchester is a superb city to visit at any time of year. To fully experience its warm and welcoming atmosphere book your package holiday to Manchester with Qatar Airways Holidays between June and August. During these months the temperature hovers in the mid-to-high twenties Celsius showing the city off in its best light.
Manchester Holidays Experiences
- Music fans can see up-and-coming bands and artists in the city’s artistic Northern Quarter.
- The Museum of Science and Industry celebrates Manchester’s technological achievements and industrial achievements, with interactive exhibits for younger visitors.
- Manchester Day, which takes place in June, is the city's most prominent cultural celebration. Expect flamboyant parades, colourful costumes, live music, sizzling street food and a fantastic firework display.
- For a not-on-the-high-street shopping experience be sure to pay a visit to Altrincham Market. Here, you can enjoy a coffee and a sandwich or go treasure-hunting among the bric-a-brac sold on the street-side stalls.