Book a trip to the UK with Qatar Airways Holidays and discover the natural beauty and fascinating history of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. This 'green and pleasant land' is in fact a collection of no fewer than 6,289 islands that take you from the wild beauty of Orkney, Shetland and Scotland's Herbridean islands, down to the gently rolling landscapes of the South Downs and the Isle of Wight. It's a country of quirky traditions and friendly people with a unique sense of humour. Visit the magnificent Lake District with its vast lakes, or explore the historic castles in Scotland where Kings and Queens once reigned. With an array of activities, tours, and luxury hotels in the UK to choose from, you can be in Wales one day watching a rugby match, and in England the next day sunbathing on one of the many golden beaches.
United Kingdom Destinations
United Kingdom Holiday Packages
Whether you’re looking for a city break in Glasgow, or a coastal escape to Rhossili Bay in Wales, there are many UK travel packages to choose from with Qatar Airways Holidays.
Enjoy a UK culinary package and try freshly caught seafood in Weymouth, or sample the famous West Country pasty. You can choose exciting activities such as surfing, cycling, and fishing; take tours to unique places such as Cheddar Gorge or Stonehenge; and enjoy stays in luxury UK hotels from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
United Kingdom Experiences
- Home to magnificent natural landscapes, thousands of miles of rugged coastline, and a blend of old and new attractions, the UK is one of the most diverse destinations in Europe.
- Scotland in the north boasts huge lochs, snow-capped peaks, and remote islands only inhabited by birds and animals, as well as ancient towns and cities such as Edinburgh with its famous castle, or Inverness, where the legendary Loch Ness Monster is said to lurk in the freshwater lake.
- In England, you’ll find miles of green countryside, dense woodlands, rolling hills, and spectacular beaches. The UK and England’s capital London is multi-cultural and rich in history, with opulent royal residences such as Buckingham Palace, the River Thames that snakes its way through the buzzing city, and the Shard, Europe’s tallest building.
- Stratford-upon-Avon was the home of William Shakespeare, and you can watch a play at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Further south, you can sunbathe on golden sand beaches or go surfing in Devon, before treating yourself to a delicious traditional cream tea. Take a hiking trip up to Mount Snowdon in Wales, where you’ll find panoramic vistas across the ocean towards Ireland.
- Cardiff, the capital of Wales, is a coastal city home to Millennium Stadium, with its large sports events and concerts. In Northern Ireland, you can trek along deep valleys, or climb the soaring Slieve Donard Mountain for a taste of the outdoors. Belfast Castle is a must-see, and the Ulster Museum has thousands of artefacts, some dating back 9,000 years.