Bordering the Caspian Sea and home to a stunning array of beautiful landscapes, Azerbaijan has something for everyone. As one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in the world, Azerbaijan is an undiscovered gem waiting to be explored. Renowned for its unspoilt natural heritage the country is also home to a number of exciting cities, each offering visitors a chance to explore and enjoy a unique history and culinary culture.
On a package holiday to Azerbaijan with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can experience first-hand the fascinating blend of tradition and modernity that typifies this exhilarating country.
- Walk from ancient ruin to towering skyscraper in the cultural and economic hub that is Baku.
- Enjoy excellent skiing and snowboarding at some of the most beautiful resorts in the Caucasus Mountains.
- Discover the incredible natural diversity that exists in Azerbaijan. Trek through lush, green forest, over the arid desert steppe, up snow-covered peaks, and across idyllic, white sandy beaches.
- Marvel at Azerbaijan's stunning modern architecture, a ground-breaking testament to the contemporary metropolitan influence driving the country's cultural resurgence.
Azerbaijan Holiday Packages
Whether you're looking to explore exquisite nature reserves or want to experience all that cosmopolitan Baku has to offer, holiday packages to Azerbaijan with Qatar Airways Holidays are the perfect way to discover this beautiful country. Despite its ancient history, it's a nation with its sight set firmly on the future, and the urban landscapes, in particular, are developing rapidly. Culinary packages to Azerbaijan are the perfect way to delve into this fascinating mix of old and new. Visitors can eat at some of the trendiest gourmet restaurants in the capital before heading out to the countryside to try the region's traditional fare.
With an Azerbaijan package holiday from Qatar Airways Holidays, everything is taken care of, from accommodation and flights to transfers. That means you can travel in style and luxury, staying at some of the premier hotels in the country, and enjoying your holiday every step of the way.
Good to know
Azerbaijani, Russian, with English spoken in main tourist areas
Azerbaijan's unique geographical positioning means that it's exposed to an enormous variety of weather. However, its mountainous landscapes protect most of the country from any extremes ensuring it experiences moderate temperatures throughout the year. Along the coast, winter temperatures range from 0-15°C. In the summer, they rise to 20-40°C. Snow and extremely low temperatures are common in the mountains during the winter, making it a great spot for skiing and winter sports.
- Stay at the Shahdag Mountain Resort, where conditions are perfect for a variety of winter sports all year round.
- Explore the historic Walled City of Baku, a UNESCO World Heritage Site at the centre of the country's capital. With a number of important monuments including Shirvanshahs' Palace and Maiden Tower, the area provides a fascinating insight into Azerbaijani history.
- Try the unique crude oil spa treatments at the Naftalan Clinic. One of the only places in the world where the substance is used for its healing and therapeutic properties, visitors can enjoy a variety of treatments, including a crude oil bath.
- Tour the regions many monuments to fire - including the impressive Flame Towers, the mystic eternal flame, and the interesting Fire Temple - and discover why Azerbaijan is known as 'the Land of Fire.'