Every country has its diversities, but South Africa is one of the most exciting and fascinating countries in the world. With terrain that ranges from mountainous to open savannah, and the fact that it is the safari capital of the world, it's a delight for adventurous travellers who want to discover the flora and fauna of the 'Rainbow Nation'.
From Hippos to penguins, South Africa has it all. Table Mountain, Cape Point, Kruger National Park and KwaZulu-Natal’s iSimangaliso Wetland Park, bring thousands of visitors here every year.
The cuisine is just as diverse as the landscape. Whether it is seafood on the Garden Route, curry in Durban, spicy Cape Malay cuisine or a traditional braai, there's plenty to excite even the most discerning diner or fussy eater. For the ultimate African adventure, let Qatar Airways Holidays help you plan the perfect holiday.
South Africa Destinations
South Africa Holiday Packages
Enjoy the diversity of South Africa and enjoy the breathtaking wildlife from one of the luxury hotels that Qatar Airways Holidays has to offer. With so many exciting places to visit, South Africa can be enjoyed to the full with one of Qatar Airways Holidays tour packages.
Good to know
Afrikaans, English, Zulu
South Africa Experiences
- Everyone heads to Cape Town to see the 'Big Five' in the shadow of Table Mountain. Any of South Africa’s game reserves will deliver but the best has to be Kruger National Park. This huge conservation area is unrivalled in terms of diversity and the sheer number of animals. All of the iconic African safari creatures, including lion, leopards, cheetah, elephant, rhino, buffalo, giraffe, hippo and zebra, can be found on this expansive reserve. Add to this the further 137 other mammals and 500 varieties of bird that grace this park, and you will not be disappointed with what you see.
- The Garden Route is perfect if you want to experience the pristine beaches, magnificent mountains, rich forests, and towns and villages that South Africa has to offer.
- With a selection of bird sanctuaries, parks and fragrant gardens, Johannesburg offers bohemian chic and tranquillity. Enjoy the greenery of Pretoria, home to over 100 open spaces.
- It is not just the landscapes that sparkle, either. Diamond prices are lower in the production sites of Cullinan or Kimberley than in Europe, so it is a great place to pick up some quality pieces. Shopping in Africa revolves around tribal masks, shields, paintings and bead necklaces, all of which make fantastic mementos of your trip.
- Food in South Africa is as wild as the country itself. You can’t go without trying Biltong, which are strips of meat that have been dried, spiced and salted. This chewy, and tough snack is really delicious and is designed to last even on the hottest days. The gastronomic choice in South Africa is huge, so make sure you get the best experience by booking onto one of Qatar Airways Holidays culinary packages, and enjoy the real flavours of South Africa.