Thailand is one of the most popular destinations in South East Asia, thanks to its endless white sandy beaches, tropical rainforests, and unique cities. Perched on the Indochina peninsula, the country is delightfully rich in heritage and culture and you can visit ancient temples or ruins, or relax on beautiful beaches on remote islands, making it one of the most popular exotic holiday destinations in the world.
With Qatar Airways Holidays, you can choose a city break in Bangkok, a thrilling adventure in the dense tropical jungle, or a romantic island getaway surrounded by beaches and tranquil lagoons. No matter what you want from your holiday of a lifetime, you'll find it here in Thailand.
Thailand Holiday Packages
You can scuba dive, snorkel, or just swim around in turquoise lagoons, or go island-hopping to lesser-known spots with a Thailand tour package. Get the most out of a travel package in Thailand with Qatar Airways Holidays and choose from several tours, activities, restaurants, and attractions.
You’ll find the best prices on beach retreats, city accommodation or luxury hotels in Thailand, so you can make the most out of your holiday this exotic jewel of a destination in South East Asia.
Good to know
Thai, with English spoken in main tourist areas
- The capital Bangkok is famous for its lively nightlife, floating markets on canals, unique culinary street vendors and entertainment venues. The Grand Palace in Bangkok was once home to Thai kings, and it’s now used for ceremonial events. Don’t miss the two-foot-tall statue of the Emerald Buddha carved from of green jade located on the grounds, as well as pagodas with decorative gilded rooftops.
- You’ll find a Thailand culinary experience is best sampled in Bangkok, where street vendors serve delicious dishes in Yaowarat, or you can head to restaurants for traditional Thai curries or noodles.
- If you want to really immerse yourself in Thai culture then take an elephant ride at Bophut Elephant Camp on Koh Samui, or learn how to cook at the Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts.
- Thailand is much more than just Bangkok, though. Ko Phi is a small archipelago in the south with stunning beaches and aquamarine waters, while Koh Phangan is famously known for its Full Moon Party. You can enjoy Patong’s vibrant nightlife, and if you want a lively nightlife scene and more, head to Phuket where beaches are plentiful and set against emerald-sloped mountains.
- Thailand’s diving sites and marine parks span 3,000km and are home to coral and diverse marine creatures. Go hiking in Khao National Park with its flowing waterfalls and thriving wildlife, or head to Safari World and get close to zebras and giraffes. Kids will love theme parks like Dream World and Siam Park City, where they can ride on roller coasters or have fun in the water park.
- No visit to Thailand would be compete without seeing magnificent temples including Wat Pho, Wat Phra Kaew, and the riverside Wat Arun.