Enjoy the true spirit of Arabian Nights in this mesmerizing Middle Eastern country. Jordan offers everything from scorched desert and weathered sandstone, to reddened dunes, rose coloured cities and the lowest point on earth. Discover this land that so many other travellers have explored and fallen in love with. From the Red Sea to the Dead Sea, Jordan is full of surprises and impresses even the most seasoned traveller.
Loose yourself in one of the Wonders of the World, float lifelessly on the surface of the sea, or follow in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia. Qatar Airways Holidays are on hand to help you experience the beauty and splendour of this iconic land.
Jordan Holiday Packages
Due to its compact nature, Jordan is the perfect destination to take advantage of a tour package. The sea resorts offer some fantastic luxury hotels and Qatar Airways Holidays can arrange the perfect holiday package for your trip.
Jordanian hospitality is generous and meal times are often a cause for celebration and relaxation. A culinary package will let you experience the atmosphere of dining in the Jordanian style, with sharing plates, stuffed vegetables, dips and beans – the true taste of Jordan.
Good to know
GMT+2 hours, Summer GMT+3 hours
- Although not the most historic of towns, Jordan’s capital Amman is home to one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited sites, the citadel. Within these city walls is the stunning 1900-year-old Amphitheatre.
- For Shopping in Amman you need to head to the souq. Here you will find designer shops, trendy art galleries and plenty of cafés. It is a tolerant and liberal city, having had an influx of Palestinian and Iraqi immigrants over the past few years.
- Stretching from the Red Sea to the Dead Sea, Jordan is perfect for anyone who loves water sports. At the Red Sea you can enjoy world class diving amongst the coral reefs at Aqaba, and in the Dead Sea you can indulge in complete relaxation in the mineral rich waters. You can even coat yourself in the famous mineral rich mud. And don't worry if you can't swim – it's virtually impossible to sink in the Dead Sea due to the salt content!
- Over 2000 years ago the imposing façades of Petra’s Monastery and Treasury were carved into the rose coloured sandstone. They are a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and arguably the most remarkable site in the Middle East. The awe inspiring scale of these buildings is as extraordinary today as they were when they were discovered 200 years ago.
- Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia and see where they shot the film on the hills of Wadi Rum. Live your own Arabian dream on a moonlit tour of this beautiful dessert.