The Serengeti, Zanzibar and Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania is bursting with wildlife and traditional African culture. Visit with Qatar Airways Holidays and you’ll discover a place filled with dignity, warmth and politeness.
In Tanzania you can explore the Great Outdoors or find out more about the local people and culture. From climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, searching out the Big Five in the Serengeti, meeting the red-cloaked Maasai warriors, or relaxing on a powdery beach on the East African coast, the choice is yours. When you book a holiday with Qatar Airways Holidays you can be sure you'll have the perfect holiday in Tanzania.
Tanzania Holiday Packages
Choose a luxury hotel from the extensive list available on the Qatar Airways Holidays website. Pair this with a fantastic tour package, exclusive restaurant reservations, leisure activity and culinary package for the ultimate African experience.
Make the most of this land of safaris with a holiday with Qatar Airways Holidays. Enjoy the incredible sunrises and even more spectacular sunsets or watch snoozing crocodiles (from a safe distance!) on a boat safari down the Rufiji river in the Selous Game Reserve. With Qatar Airways Holidays your vacation will be genuinely unforgettable.
Good to know
- The Serengeti is one of the greatest wildlife-watching destinations on earth. The vast plains of the Serengeti are home to hundreds and thousands of animals including zebras, giraffes, buffalo, gazelles, topis, elands, hippos and so much more. The best way to see the Serengeti is on a balloon safari. Rise to over 1000m for an extreme view over the horizon, before dropping down to treetop level to get a better view.
- Zanzibar is a glittering jewel in the Indian ocean that is easily accessible from Tanzania. Explore its magical mix of Arabic-style houses, cobbled alleyways and twisting, narrow streets.
- Mt Kilimanjaro is one of Tanzania’s most visited parks and has won the award for Africa’s leading tourist attraction. This beautiful mountain sits on the equator and allows you to climb to the top of Africa. Join the 25,000 other trekkers and walk to the summit and on the way up you can learn about the two major tribes in the area, the Maasai and Chagga.
- If you are looking for an undiscovered beach where you can enjoy powdery sands, clear waters and incredible coral reefs then head to Pemba. A coast lined with mangroves and lagoons and lush green hills dripping with fruit and spice trees, Pemba is very different to Zanzibar, which is flat and sandy.
- The diversity of the cuisine in Tanzania is influenced by each of the 126 tribes. Around the coast rice, green vegetables, meat and fish dominate the menu. Further inland then the cuisine is influenced by steamed green bananas, maize, millet, and beans served with fish and meat.