Sweeping white beaches, crystal clear waters, vast deserts, and majestic mountains await you in beautiful Oman. Situated on the Arabian Peninsula to the east of the United Arab Emirates, the country’s long coastline makes it a perfect destination for sunny beach escapes and adventure breaks.
You can book a city break with Qatar holidays to the capital port city of Muscat in the north and visit its Grand Mosque, or choose the lush oasis of Salalah in the south, where ancient Frankincense trees still grow.
Oman Holiday Packages
With a variety of Oman travel packages available with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can choose from city breaks, sunshine holiday packages, and offers on luxury hotels in Oman. Make the most of the country with one of the Oman tour packages and visit the historic town of Nizwa, or scuba dive in crystal clear waters off the coast of Muscat.
Taste the flavours of freshly-caught seafood in the coastal town of Sur, or sample traditional spices and sweets in bustling souks in Salalah with a culinary package in Oman.
Good to know
240V 50 Hz
- Oman is widely known as the “desert country”, due to huge sandy plains, rolling sand dunes, and long coastline with white beaches, but there are some tropical surprises to be found too.
- Salalah is a city in the south with unusual lush emerald landscapes, banana plantations, and Frankincense trees. Visit the UNESCO-listed Land of Frankincense and its museum to learn about the production and trade of this ancient oil that was once more valuable than gold.
- In the capital Muscat, you can visit 16th century Portuguese forts, or discover the history of Oman’s distinctive architecture at Muscat Gate Museum. Learn about the marine species of Muscat’s surrounding waters at the Omani Aquarium and Marine Science and Fisheries Centre, or take a dip in the sea and scuba dive alongside Oman clownfish or loggerhead turtles.
- Watch camel races at Al-Fulaij racetrack in Barka, ride dune buggies along Wahiba Sands, or learn about the traditional Bedouin culture with a desert safari. You can visit the town of Sohar, home of the legendary Sinbad the Sailor, and relax on safe beaches, or visit Sohar Castle.
- In Ras al Jinz, watch endangered Green Turtles lay their eggs on the beaches, or take a dhow cruise in the calm waters of Khor Ash Sham and see dolphins play.
- Back on dry land, the Western Hajaar Mountains are perfect for hiking, and stunning vistas await you from the magnificent Wadi Nakhr canyon.
- Bustling souks offer a variety of trinkets and treasures, and no visit to Oman is complete without a trip to Muscat’s Muttrah Souq, where you can buy Bedu jewellery, Frankincense, and handcrafted gifts.