Small but perfectly formed, Malta is one of those destinations that you discover and then instantly fall in love with. Caressed by warm sunshine almost all year round and surrounded by the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean, Malta is a hidden gem packed with historical interest, dramatic cliffside views, and a growing food scene to rival any in Europe.
It’s full of natural wonders too, with caves and underwater wonders to explore, and some of the oldest temples in the world. It’s a magical chocolate-box full of goodies for travellers, and with a package holiday to Malta with Qatar Airways Holidays you can spend your days uncovering secret coves, wonderful shopping and charming restaurants where you’re made to feel like one of the family as soon as you walk through the door. The warmth, hospitality and friendly welcome you get in Malta is matched only by the stunning sunsets and a soft breeze that’s scented with pine. Malta truly is one of the Mediterranean’s best-kept secrets.
- Stroll around the ancient capital of Mdina, known as the Silent City, for spectacular views across the island. Head here in the evening when the crowds have gone back into the main town, for glorious sunsets.
- Hit the shops in Valletta, and take a wander around St John’s Cathedral, built by the Grandmasters of the Knights Hospitaller and filled with artefacts and paintings by Caravaggio.
- Hire a car and head out into the interior of the island to islands like Ghaxaq to see authentic Maltese life that has remained unchanged for hundreds of years.
- See the famous megalithic temples, the oldest free-standing structures on the planet and one of the most remarkable archaeological sites in the world.
- Hire a speedboat and discover your very own secret cove, or join a diving trip to explore shipwrecks and underwater caves that dot the island.
Malta Holiday Packages
With holiday packages to Malta with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can discover your very own bit of Mediterranean bliss with a room or suite at some of the island’s best luxury hotels. Let us take care of everything from flights and accommodation to transfers, while you focus on exploring the island’s natural and man-made wonders. From adult-only getaways for that romantic break for two to family-friendly fun in the sun, we have everything you need for the perfect Mediterranean holiday.
Maltese food is simple but delicious, and always with its own unique twist, so why not try something new with one of our culinary packages to Malta? Learn how to create the Maltese speciality Fenkata, or the deliciously simple vegetarian options of bigilla or bejniet. Indulge your love of great food, or head down to the harbourside to see the catch of the day being brought in by the local fishing boats.
Good to know
The Euro (€)
UTC+1 (Central European Time) and Summer (DST) UTC+2 (Central European Summer Time)
Maltese and English
The standard voltage is 230v with a frequency of 50Hz. Malta uses plug type G, so it’s advisable to take a universal adapter.