This island nation is one of the gems of the Indian Ocean, and a perennial favourite with backpackers and more adventurous holidaymakers. In this tropical paradise you’ll find sweeping palm-fringed beaches, historic forts, and dense jungles that are teeming with diverse wildlife.
Book a trip to Sri Lanka with Qatar Airways Holidays, and discover the delights of the teardrop-shaped island, from surfing adventures in Ahangama and yoga retreats in the rainforest, to exploring the ancient Buddhist temples and ruins in Kandy, or walking along the huge bastions that surround the coastal town of Galle.
Sri Lanka Destinations
Sri Lanka Holiday Packages
Soak up the fresh sea air and stunning natural vistas with one of the many travel packages from Qatar Airways Holidays. Sri Lanka tour packages will take you to ancient archaeological sites and soaring temples, or along winding trails through verdant jungles where you’ll get close to local wildlife.
Plus, get a great price on rooms in beach-front resorts or luxury hotels in Sri Lanka, and sit back and relax with the holiday of a lifetime.
Good to know
Sinhala, English, Tamil
Sri Lankan rupee
Sri Lanka Experiences
- Located south of India, Sri Lanka is a country with a complex and fascinating heritage that dates back 3,000 years. This island is home to some of the oldest cities in the world, yet embraces the 21st century with open arms.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Anuradhapura where palaces once stood tall, and walk past crumbled monasteries and sites that continue to attract Buddhists from all over the world. Then make your way back to the modern day with a trip to the island's capital Colombo, where you'll find ultra-modern hotels and malls sitting peacefully alongside the city's more ancient monuments.
- Breath-taking natural landscapes blanket the island from north to south. Golden sandy beaches back onto lush jungles, and the turquoise sea is perfect for snorkelling, paddle boarding, and swimming. Deep in the UNESCO-listed Sinharaja Forest Reserve, you’ll find a myriad of animals, birds, and reptiles under the canopy trees and waterfalls, and in Yala National Park, open grasslands and lagoons are home to flamingos, elephants, leopards, and colourful butterflies.
- For adventure lovers, there are many places to hike and climb, such as the Knuckles Mountain range in central Sri Lanka. You can go zip lining over the Kelani River or white-water rafting in rapids in Kitulgala. Surfing spots are abundant in Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna, or you can watch humpback and blue whales in the waters off Mirissa.
- The capital port city of Colombo is a must-see with colonial architecture and old quarters blending with luxury hotels and exclusive restaurants. In fact, the city is a great place to enjoy a culinary experience in Sri Lanka thanks to the Pettah spice market and seafood restaurants on Mount Lavinia Beach.