Edinburgh Holidays,United Kingdom
Scotland's capital and the headquarters of the Scottish cultural scene a package holiday to Edinburgh with Qatar Airways Holidays will introduce you to a city that's as unique as it is eclectic. A stunning city, it’s a glorious mix of ancient and modern, from the medieval tenement buildings and the cobbled, winding streets of the Old Town, to the imposing Georgian grandeur of the New Town and the sleek, contemporary buildings that stake their claim on the skyline.
Edinburgh Castle keeps watch over the city and is the epicentre of all things spectacular, particularly during the world-famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival, which commandeers virtually every street in a blaze of colour and artistic activity. With plenty of family-friendly attractions, stunning restaurants and museums, Edinburgh is an ideal holiday destination, whether you’re travelling with your partner, with friends, or the entire family.
- Book your package holiday to Edinburgh with Qatar Airways Holidays in August and immerse yourself in the cultural kaleidoscope that is the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Edinburgh Castle is one of Scotland’s most popular attractions and worth a visit at any time of year.
- By night there are guided ghost tours around the city on which you can hear spine-chilling tales about some of Edinburgh’s supernatural citizens.
- If you’re travelling with children, don’t forget to pay a visit to Edinburgh Zoo – home to a huge variety of exotic birds and animals.
Edinburgh Holidays Holiday Packages
Edinburgh opens its doors to an estimated 4 million visitors each year and has retained much of its original charm. You can find yourself walking along a busy high street and then turning into a historical backstreet within seconds. With plenty to see and do, Edinburgh is perfect for the whole family or couples looking to get away from it all. There's no shortage of places to stay, where you can choose from low-cost hotels, luxury five-star accommodation and spacious, self-catering family apartments.
You'll also notice restaurants are abundant throughout the city. Edinburgh has established itself as something of a hotspot for gastronomy and one of the most enjoyable things to do when travelling is to try all the local specialties. Beyond the traditional haggis, you can experience some of the best seafood in the world and dishes made from fresh, local ingredients. With all this on your doorstep, you can make your package holiday to Edinburgh as exciting or as relaxing as you want.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
English, Scottish Gaelic, Scots
Edinburgh comes into its own during the summer months, when the temperature hovers in the low twenties Celsius. To avoid the Fringe Festival crowds, book your package holiday to Edinburgh with Qatar Airways Holidays in June or July. To experience the Festival in all its colour and glory, book your break in August.
Edinburgh Holidays Experiences
- Experience world-class shopping along Princes Street which is the capital’s primary retail sector.
- Pay a visit to Scotland’s parliamentary building, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Royal Lyceum and the Edinburgh Playhouse are just two of many theatres where you can catch first-class productions, staged by local and international companies.
- Fans of the great outdoors might like to pit themselves against the Scottish hills that surround Edinburgh. King Arthur’s Seat is the most visited and offers outstanding views of the city and the neighbouring countryside.
- Experience the Camera Obscura, a museum of optical illusions that will leave you unsure as to what is real and what isn’t! A perfect day out for those with families.