Cardiff Holidays,United Kingdom
The capital of Wales and the home of international rugby, Cardiff also boasts a rich cultural and culinary scene. Historic buildings, adventure sports activities, and world-class shopping mean there is no shortage of things to keep you busy during your visit.
At night you’ll find Cardiff buzzing with world-class performing arts venues with live music and premium quality restaurants.
Whether you want to use Cardiff as a base for exploring the great outdoors, here to catch some top sporting action or you're looking to relax, enjoy good food and a large portion of history, a package holiday to Cardiff with Qatar Airways Holidays makes it easy to make the most of your trip.
- Let the kids burn off some energy with a walk, run or cycle in the wilds of the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Discover more about the rich heritage of Wales in the many museums, historic houses, and magnificent castles in and around the city.
- Shop for everything from designer clothes to locally made cheese in the variety of upscale department stores, modern malls and quaint Victorian arcades.
- Experience the thrill of white water rafting at Cardiff International White Water, or have a go at sailing on the freshwater lake at Cardiff Bay.
Cardiff Holidays Holiday Packages
Set on the south coast of Wales, Cardiff is 150 miles from London and a great base for exploring Wales, the West Country, and the Midlands. Significant investment in the city has seen areas like the old docks transformed by luxurious hotels and facilities. However, you’ll still find quaint Edwardian tea rooms and charming traditional thatched cottages tucked away in side streets.
The wide choice of places to stay, from 5-star luxury spa hotels to family-friendly city centre apartments, means it is simple to create your perfect holiday package to Cardiff with Qatar Airways Holidays.
No visit to any city is complete without sampling local food specialities, and Cardiff is no exception. The fertile land of Wales means top quality local produce is served at the many must-visit independent restaurants, gastropubs, and cafés in the city. Book a culinary package to Cardiff to make sure you don’t miss out on the pancake-like Welsh cakes, and local cheese-laden Welsh rarebit.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1hour
English and Welsh
Cardiff Holidays Experiences
- Feel the roar of the crowd as you watch an international rugby game alongside 12,500 other fans at Cardiff Arms Park.
- Plan your package holiday to Cardiff to coincide with the International Food and Drink Festival and stock up on everything from organic cheeses to artisan bread.
- Take your little princesses and princes to visit the remarkable fairy-tale Castell Coch.
- Head to Bike Park Wales where you’ll find ski-run style graded trails for mountain bikers from beginner to expert.
- Book tickets to see the Welsh National Opera perform at the Wales Millennium Centre.