Birmingham Holidays,United Kingdom
Second, only to London in size, Birmingham makes an ideal holiday destination for anyone wanting to spend time in an eclectic and vibrant hotspot with plenty of personality, and some of the best Indian food outside of Asia. Responsible for an estimated 40% of the UK's jewellery, Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter is a treasure-trove of silver, gold and precious stones. However, if you'd like to embrace the city's cultural scene, make a beeline for Digbeth, which is where you'll find live music, exciting theatre performances, and an abundance of art galleries. For wide open spaces head to the south of the city, where you'll find a surprising array of parks and greenery.
Package holidays to Birmingham with Qatar Airways Holidays will introduce you to a bustling city that has a little something for everyone.
- Those with a sweet tooth will love a visit to Cadbury World, home to the world-famous brand of chocolate. There’s much more than just sweet treats here, and you’ll find interactive exhibits for the whole family including a 4D cinema, chocolate-making demonstrations, and play areas for younger visitors.
- The National Sea Life Centre is a fascinating, fun and educational day out. See marine creatures of all shapes and sizes, including penguins, turtles, clownfish and sharks.
- Shoppers can hunt for bargains in the world-famous Bull Ring shopping centre. With everything from big-name brands to quirky, boutique stores, restaurants and entertainment centres, it’s an easy way to spend a day.
- For a special evening out, catch a show at the Birmingham Hippodrome theatre. Choose from big-name bands and comedians to top musicals and world-class theatre performances.
Birmingham Holiday Packages
Birmingham is a multi-cultural city, where you’ll find a variety of cuisine and different cultural celebrations taking place almost every day of the week. Its industrial heritage is evident in the architecture that dominates parts of the city, but the centre has undergone something of a renaissance and is glittering with sleek, contemporary buildings. However, there is plenty of old-school charm to uncover, particularly in the outskirts and suburbs. Birmingham acts as home to some outstanding hotels, providing luxurious accommodation for those taking their package holidays to Birmingham with Qatar Airways Holidays.
Being a cultural melting-pot, you’ll find that culinary packages to Birmingham are the ideal way to discover the gastronomic variety on offer. Sample everything from traditional fish and chips, to the mouth-watering range of curries available in the locally-named ‘Balti Triangle’.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
For the best weather, book your holiday packages to Birmingham with Qatar Airways Holidays between May and August. Temperatures begin in the mid-teens during the start of the summer and can peak at around 25-30 degrees celsius in the height of summer.
Birmingham Holidays Experiences
- Birmingham is a hub of cultural events, which take place throughout the year. Large festivals include the Art and Science Festival, the International Dance Festival and a huge range of music events. Choose the one that suits your interests.
- For something a little out of the ordinary, why not explore the city by boat? As part of its industrial heritage, Birmingham has a network of canals. Hire a narrowboat and enjoy a leisurely cruise.
- Sports fans will enjoy a trip to the world-famous Aston Villa football ground. Catch a match or enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour. A must for any lovers of the ‘Beautiful Game’.
- Spend some time at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery to enjoy a range of exciting exhibits, including pre-Raphaelite works of art and the Staffordshire Hoard – the largest amount of Anglo-Saxon gold ever uncovered.