Zurich is Switzerland's largest city and the perfect holiday hotspot for those who like cultured breaks or gastronomic adventures. Book a package holiday to Zurich with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you'll find yourself in a city voted one of the best in the world to live. It also supports a strong and vibrant arts scene. Lake Zurich is well worth a visit, and you can either take a leisurely stroll around its shores or enjoy a 90-minute cruise across the glassy waters.
If you’re travelling with children be sure to take a trip to Zurich Zoo, which is home to over 350 different species of animal. Alternatively, if you’re looking to explore the culture of the region, you’ll find a huge variety of museums to look around. Don’t forget to set some time aside to visit the Grossmϋnster and Fraumϋnster churches to see some astonishing architecture.
- Hunt for bargains at the Bahnhofstrasse – Zurich’s most exclusive shopping street.
- The Botanical Gardens located in the heart of the city, are owned by Zurich University and provide excellent opportunities for photographers and anyone with interest in flora. You’ll also find concerts and events held here throughout the year.
- If there are any sports fans in your party, a visit to the FIFA World Football Museum is a must.
- To gain a unique perspective on Zurich’s Old Town, take a cruise along the River Limmat.
Zurich Holiday Packages
With museums by the dozen, art galleries, beautiful parks, and child-friendly attractions such as the Aathal Dinosaur Museum, booking a package holiday to Zurich with Qatar Airways Holidays is an excellent choice, whether you’re travelling with the whole family or getting away from it all with your partner. There are some superb options when it comes to accommodation from low-cost stopovers to five-star luxury hotels and spacious, self-catering family apartments.
If you’re a food lover, then there’s exciting cuisine to discover in the restaurants and cafés peppered across the city. Culinary packages to Zurich are an excellent way to sample all aspects of the Swiss food scene, from delicious street food to sumptuous meals served in elegant restaurants. You’ll also find plenty of festivals throughout the calendar making Zurich a great holiday destination at any time of year.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour , Summer GMT+2 hours
French, Italian, German, English
Package holidays to Zurich with Qatar Airways Holidays are best enjoyed during the summer months. Between June and August, the temperature hovers in the low twenties Celsius by day with cool nights providing the perfect conditions for eating out.
Zurich Holidays Experiences
- Street food is an integral part of life in the city and Zurich plays host to street food festivals all year round. Look out for the Burger Festival in June and the Veggie World Festival in September.
- The Swiss National Museum is ideal for anyone who wants to learn a bit more about the city’s past and vibrant culture.
- Opened in 1994, Zurich’s Chinese Garden is widely hailed as one of the most authentic outside of China. Perfect for unwinding or a relaxing picnic.
- For off-the-high-street shopping and quiet, quirky restaurants head to the Niederdorf district in Zurich’s Old Town.