St. Petersburg Holidays
St. Petersburg Holidays,Russia
Russia's second-largest city sits on the eastern tip of the Baltic Sea, making it a fantastic gateway city to explore this unique region. Its fabulous architecture, beautiful open spaces, and cultural treasures housed in the magnificent Winter Palace makes it a wonderful and unusual destination for a city break or a more extended holiday. Learn about Russian history, see some of the most iconic locations (many of which you’ll recognise from films) and experience that warm welcome the city is famous for.
- St Petersburg is filled with exceptional art, dazzling treasures and unique architecture – don’t forget to pack your camera
- Ballet and opera lovers won’t want to miss a performance at any of the dozens of theatres and concert halls across the city
- Watch the sunset and watch the dancing Neva River fountains or take a cruise along the city’s network of canals to see St Petersburg from a different perspective
- Tuck into Russia’s unique cuisine on a Qatar Airways Holidays culinary package, where you can experience an explosion of flavours and regional specialities
St Petersburg Holiday Packages
St Petersburg is a magical city, filled with truly stunning sites. Home to the beautiful Winter Palace, Baroque bridges, colourful churches and dozens of internationally important historical sites, St Petersburg is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and unlike any other destination. Its rich history sits comfortably alongside a more modern and vibrant city centre, packed with luxury hotels, a la carte restaurants, and premium quality shopping. A holiday package to St Petersburg with Qatar Airways Holidays gives you a chance to discover all this, and much more.
Try a brand-new taste experience with Qatar Airways Holidays culinary packages to St Petersburg, or simply package your flight and hotel together, and set your own sightseeing schedule for a more leisurely city break. A St Petersburg package holiday lets you experience the very best of this remarkable city, where one trip is never enough.
Good to know
June is the peak tourist season during the famous ‘White Nights’ when the sun sets only very briefly. July and August are the warmest months, but the most beautiful time is during late September and early October when the autumn colours are at their most spectacular. Because of the city’s northerly location, winters are very cold with temperatures dropping down to -25°C. During the summer they reach a very pleasant 22°C.
St. Petersburg Holidays Experiences
- Join a tour group and explore the vast complex of the Hermitage Museum set within the heart of the Winter Palace. From the lavish decoration of the Throne Room to the secrets of the lost ‘Amber Room’, the palace is filled with treasures, mystery, and historical importance.
- Organise a museum tour, including the Russian Museum, which is made up of Mikhailovsky Palace, Stroganov Palace, Marble Palace and Mikhailovsky Castle.
- Take a canal cruise through St Petersburg’s network of waterways for a different perspective. Or head up for a rooftop tour, which takes you across the rooftops of the city.
- Spend an evening at the Mariinsky ballet, which also welcomes younger visitors if you book a private box.
- Take in the view, and some exceptional cuisine, at one of the city’s rooftop restaurants.