Fairy tale cities with glittering, iconic domed palaces, twisting spires reaching into the sky and chandeliers in the metro stations, Russian is decadent, luxurious and fascinating. As the largest country in the world, Russia has a lot to offer even the most seasoned traveller in two of its major cities, Moscow and St Petersburg. Move away from the towns into the Golden Ring and you will find picturesque towns steeped in history.
With a wide range of hotels, restaurants, tours and activities, Qatar Airways Holidays can help you plan the perfect trip to Russia.
Russia Holiday Packages
Such a diverse and huge country deserves to be explored. With Qatar Airways holidays you have a wide choice of luxury hotels, tour packages, activities, excursions and culinary packages available in Russia to help you build the perfect vacation.
Whether you want to stay in Moscow and St Petersburg, or travel to Sochi and the Black Sea resorts, Qatar Airways holidays have a wide variety of options to suit every need.
Good to know
- The first stop people make when they go to Russia is Moscow. Famous for the Kremlin, Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral and the Bolshoi Ballet, Moscow is diverse, eclectic and unique. Scattered around the city are relics of the former soviet state. You can visit the Bunker-42 Cold War Museum and the Gulag History Museum. Many of the trendy cafés and clubs give visitors a taste of soviet era, you can even try arcade games from the time.
- In Moscow there are restaurants and cafés to suit everyone and when the lights go down, the city comes alive. From nostalgia rich to contemporary cool, you can spend an evening exploring what Moscow has to offer.
- If it is the romantic side to Russia you are looking for, then head to St Petersburg. Similar to Venice in many ways, you can cruise the canals or wind your way through the city crossing some of the 342 bridges. St Petersburg has an unrivalled treasure trove of art and culture. At the Heritage you can see Egyptian mummies and Picassos, while the Russian Museum houses the best collection of Russian art in the world. St Petersburg is also home to another world-class ballet and opera – the Mariinsky Theatre.
- St Petersburg is all about the architecture, including the whimsical buildings that are so ingrained in an image of Russia. The Church on the Spilled Blood is St Petersburg’s most elaborate church, with five domes and typical Russian Orthodox exterior. There is 7,000sq metres of mosaics in this incredible building.
- Food in Russia has the emphasis firmly on the opulent, with caviar readily available throughout the country. Other dishes to try include bliny, which are like crepes, wild mushrooms and lamb dumplings. Russians drink of choice is tea. It will normally be served from a samovar, where the tea brews in one compartment and its diluted with water from the belly of the samovar.