Russia’s largest city Moscow has plenty going on to thrill visitors. From historical sights to a vibrant nightlife scene, old and new collide in this bustling, cosmopolitan city. Whether you want to immerse yourself in art and culture or shop in the exclusive boutiques along the Golden Mile, a package holiday to Moscow with Qatar Airways Holidays is your gateway to explore this in-vogue hotspot.
With a population of 12 million, Moscow is home to more people than the entire countries of Norway and Switzerland combined. This ensures a busy, vibrant atmosphere with no shortage of things to see and do, whatever you’re looking for from your holiday experience.
- Dress up to take your seat at the renowned Bolshoi Theatre to watch the ballet. With six tiers of seating, this grand venue adds to the awe of every performance
- Gaze up at the iconic onion-shaped domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral
- Learn more about the history of space travel at the Museum of Cosmonautics
- Step inside Red Square and the Kremlin to discover the treasures within, including the glittering jewels of the State Armoury
Moscow Holiday Packages
Whether you want to stay in the heart of the action in a five-star boutique hotel or prefer a quieter location as your base to explore, you can create bespoke holiday packages to Moscow with Qatar Airways Holidays. Opt for full-board to help keep track of your spending or look for historic properties and stay in one of Moscow’s architectural landmarks.
From hip bars to luxurious fine dining, book a culinary package to Moscow to discover the hidden gems of this gastronomic paradise. You could be dining on blinis topped with the finest caviar one night and traditional Russian comfort food, from borscht to Shashlik, the next.
Good to know
The high season for travel to Moscow is from May to October when you can expect average temperatures around 19°C, which are perfect for sightseeing. It can sometimes get a lot hotter, with temperatures hitting around 30°C in July and August, which are also the peak months for tourists to visit. The coldest month in Moscow is in January with a chilly average temperature of -8°C.
If you visit during major holidays, such as the Orthodox Christmas, New Year, and May Day, be aware that many museums and other institutions may operate shorter hours or be shut altogether.
Moscow Holidays Experiences
- Relax at Gorky Park, which stretches along the banks of the river in the heart of the city. While away the hours at the choice of modern art galleries or enjoy an open-air concert in the summer months. You can get a new perspective on the city if you’re brave enough to try a bungee jump or from the top of one of the park’s rollercoaster rides. Or keep firmly on the ground by hiring a bike to explore the park’s open spaces.
- Join the 8 million locals who travel by metro every day. First opened in 1935 it's a bit like travelling on a museum, and there are over 217 miles to explore
- Shop over 100 top-of-the-range brands at the famous GUM department store in Red Square
- Time your package holiday to Moscow to coincide with the glittering Winter Festival. From mid-December to mid-January it celebrates the traditions and customs of Russian culture with song, dance and food events held across the city