While it might be home to one of the world's most famous architectural misadventures a package holiday to Pisa with Qatar Airways Holidays will show you that there's much more to this beautiful city than just its famous Leaning Tower.
A comparatively compact and quiet city the astonishing architecture imbues Pisa with a romantic air making it a perfect destination for couples. Its whitewashed domes and soaring spires have been a source of inspiration for artists and poets throughout the centuries, and Pisa has retained much of its ancient charm right through to the 21st century.
Walk in the footsteps of Galileo and stroll the city walls or take a gentle cruise along the River Arno. The city's squares, lined with medieval and renaissance buildings are the perfect backdrop for where you can enjoy a robust Italian coffee or a leisurely meal. With plenty of attractions, Pisa is ideal for anything from a weekend break to a longer holiday.
- Climb the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and enjoy unparalleled views of the city.
- If you want to top up your tan take a day trip to Viareggio, not far from Pisa it boasts some of the best beaches in Italy and some excellent gelatos.
- To soak up some of the region's rich culture the Palazzo Blu art gallery is well worth a visit. You'll see exhibitions from students in the nearby university alongside works from artistic giants such as Salvador Dali and Toulouse Lautrec.
- Dip a toe into Pisa's past with a visit to the Campo Santo. A former cemetery, you can see everything from Roman sarcophagi to medieval frescoes.
Pisa Holiday Packages
While Pisa attracts over 1 million visitors each year, it has managed to hold onto much of its original charm. When it comes to accommodation, there's no shortage of places to stay, from rustic budget stopovers to contemporary hotels, and spacious, self-catering family apartments. Food is an integral part of Italian life, and you can treat yourself to the highlights of this world-famous cuisine with culinary packages to Pisa. On one of these gastronomic tours, you can enjoy everything from homemade pasta in a traditional taverna, to modern fine dining and haute cuisine.
Package holidays to Pisa with Qatar Airways Holidays include the cost of flights, transfers and accommodation, leaving you to unwind at your leisure in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Italian with English spoken in main tourist areas
Pisa benefits from a continental climate, with hot summers and mild winters. For the best sightseeing weather, book your break in the late spring or early autumn, when the mercury hovers in the low twenties Celsius.
Pisa Holidays Experiences
- Book your break in June to experience the Giugno Pisano festival, in which the city celebrates its maritime past. Expect live music, sizzling street food, firework displays, and an impressive regatta along the River Arno.
- The Luminara di San Ranieri festival also takes place in June. During the day all the famous monuments are adorned with candles which are lit as soon as the sun goes down. Over 70,000 candles are used, with the floating candles transforming the Arno into a glowing river of light.
- Built in 1406, the Torre Guelfa offers outstanding views of the city and its surrounds – all the way to the coast.
- Just on the outskirts of Pisa, you'll find the Parco Regionale Migliarino San Rossore Massaciuccoli. One of Italy's finest national parks, it's the perfect day out for anyone travelling with children. You can hire bicycles, explore on foot, go fishing, spot wildlife, or pack a picnic and soak up the scenery.