Steeped in history and tradition, Italy provides a million experiences and emotions that no other place can rival. From stunning landscapes to dramatic architecture and passionate inhabitants, visiting Italy is a smorgasbord of experiences for any traveller. It's little wonder that Italy has been at the top of most traveller's itineraries for centuries. It's time to head out on your own 'Grand Tour' with Qatar Airways Holidays, and discover why this European country has been at the heart of culture and commerce for so long.
From the serenity of Venice to the magnificent history of Rome and the landscapes of Tuscany, your Qatar Airways Holiday will delight at every turn. Marvel at the Colosseum, Pantheon and Trevii fountain in Rome. Excite your senses with a culinary tour of Tuscany, or soak up the romance as you float through the canals on a private gondola in Venice. And of course, don't forget to tuck into an authentic Italian pizza in its home town of Naples.
Italy Holiday Packages
Browse the selection from Qatar Airways Holidays packages and build your perfect vacation.
Whether it is skiing, diving, history & culture, or an authentic taste of Italy, a tour, or culinary package can bring everything together for the perfect Italian experience.
Chose a holiday package with Qatar Airways Holidays you can guarantee a holiday of a lifetime in Italy.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Italian with English spoken in main tourist areas
- The Italians are passionate people. They are passionate about where they live and what they eat. Food is a big part of Italian culture and you will find fantastic restaurants wherever you go. Each region has its own cuisine and it’s likely that you will not be able to find local speciality dishes anywhere else in Italy – or the world!
- Italy is the epicentre of the Roman Empire and is home to more Unesco World Heritage cultural sites than any other country in the world. Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel and David, Botticelli’s Birth of Venus and Primavera, and da Vinci’s The Last Supper are just some of the cultural treasures that await you.
- Bordering Switzerland means the north of Italy is covered in snowy Alps and glacial lakes, offering fantastic winter sport activities. Contrast this to the south, where you can dive in the coral studded Mediterranean Sea off the coast of the Campania region.
- If you are history hungry, then head to Pompeii and Herculaneum. Sitting in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius these two towns were miraculously preserved, encased in an ash shell that froze a single, traumatic moment in time when the volcano erupted in 79AD.
- 400 bridges and 150 canals create a beautiful maze around the extraordinary town that is Venice. Cruise around the canals on a private gondola, snack on cicheti or tour the Palazzo Ducale and Basilica di San Marco.