Internationally famous as the epicentre of fashion book a package holiday to Milan with Qatar Airways Holidays and experience more of what this exciting city has to offer.
The skyline is an eclectic mix of Gothic architecture and Art Deco buildings peppered with looming, glistening office blocks and pristine conference centres. At ground level you’ll find quaint and quirky squares hosting traditional restaurants and unique boutique shops.
If you want big names and designer brands there are enough upmarket shopping centres to suit even the most dedicated fashionistas. If you’re travelling with children, you’ll find museums, play parks, castles and some excellent water parks if you’re visiting in the summer.
- If you prefer your shopping to be a little out of the ordinary pay a visit to one of the city’s many bustling markets. The Fiera di Sinigaglia market is one of Milan’s best-loved markets where you’llevery find everything from antique furniture and handmade goods to perfumes, books, and collectables.
- To take a trip into the city’s rich past pay a visit to the Palazzo Reale museum. Previously a royal palace it now houses artwork from across Italy and the rest of the world.
- If you’re looking for classical Italian culture don’t miss out on a chance to see Da Vinci’s ‘The Last Supper’ which is on show at the convent of Santa Maria Delle Grazie.
- Visiting Milan with children? The summer wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Acquatica Park where you can enjoy plenty of water-based attractions. Book your tickets and you can look forward to high-octane waterslides and rides or play a game of volleyball at the park’s very own beach.
Milan Holidays Holiday Packages
Milan welcomes over 8 million visitors each year making it one of the most popular holiday destinations in Europe. The city has retained much of its authentic charm and you’ll find the authentic side of the city in its secluded squares and rustic restaurants. Accommodation comes in all shapes and sizes from low-cost stopovers to luxury five-star hotels and spacious self-catering family apartments.
Food is a fundamental part of Italian life and you can taste the best that the city has to offer in Milan. Sample everything from homemade pasta in a family-run taverna to gourmet meals in outstanding restaurants. A package holiday to Milan with Qatar Airways Holidays includes the cost of flights, transfers and accommodation leaving you free to explore this exciting destination at your leisure.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Italian with English spoken in main tourist areas
For lighter crowds and warmer weather book your package holiday to Milan with Qatar Airways Holidays in the late spring or early autumn. During these seasons the temperatures hover between the mid-teens and the early twenties Celsius offering ideal sightseeing conditions.
Milan Holidays Experiences
- To experience some Italian culture book tickets to an opera, ballet or music recital at the Teatro alla Scala; one of Milan’s oldest and most prestigious theatre venues.
- Despite its metropolitan skyline Milan has some beautiful and relaxing parks. The Parco Sempione is the city’s answer to New York’s Central Park home to the fountain of De Chirico, the Design Museum and a quaint aquarium; an easy way to spend a day.
- The Milanese need little excuse to celebrate and you’ll find festivals throughout the calendar. The ‘Oh Bej! Oh Bej!” street festival sees the streets surrounding the Piazza Sant’Ambrogio brimming with food stalls, street performers and market traders.
- The Milano d’Estate festival is ideal for music lovers. Taking place in the summer in the atmospheric grounds of the Castello Sforzesco, it’s been graced by big names such as REM and Radiohead.