What Dublin might be lacking in size it more than makes up for in character. Walk the restaurant-lined streets, and you'll see superb examples of Georgian architecture, imposing cathedrals, and even the odd castle or two. The city boasts a bubbling art scene that has led to an unprecedented number of art galleries, museums and local theatres for such a small city. Dublin is also an ideal destination for families, with plenty of attractions for younger visitors. With a warm and welcoming population, there’s something for everyone, whether you want world-class shopping or wide-open spaces.
Package holidays to Dublin with Qatar Airways Holidays are a superb way to familiarise yourself with one of Ireland’s most vibrant cities.
- If you want to catch a theatre performance, head to the Abbey Theatre. Modern and classical plays are staged in this beautiful example of Modernist architecture.
- The Irish are well known for their way with words, so it’s no wonder that Dublin has been designated as a UNESCO City of Literature. One of the greatest examples of this love affair with linguistics can be found in the form of the Marsh’s Library. Opened in the early 18th Century, it functions as both a library and a museum, dedicated to all things literary.
- For a fascinating look at Dublin’s past, set some time aside to visit Dublin Castle. Set in stunning grounds, it’s a maze of ornate rooms and Gothic architecture.
- Film buffs will appreciate catching a film at the Stella Cinema. Built in the 1920s, it offers beautiful Art Deco design, and you can watch new and old films from the comfort of a seat, a sofa, or even a bed. A novel experience for young and old.
Dublin Holiday Packages
Despite its incredible history dating back to the Viking period and even earlier in some parts, Dublin has much to offer the 21st Century traveller. Shoppers will find themselves in retail heaven, browsing the high-end goods and bargain brands on offer in the Westbury Shopping Mall. There are some excellent markets worth investigating, such as the Dublin Flea Market and the Temple Bar Book Market. Children are well catered for with an array of kid-friendly attractions, including the National Aquatic Centre and Dublin Zoo. You’ll find some outstanding hotels, providing luxurious accommodation for anyone taking their package holidays to Dublin with Qatar Airways Holidays.
The city has an up-and-coming food scene, and culinary packages to Dublin provide a superb way to explore its exciting gastronomy. Sample simple Irish stew or enjoy a sumptuous meal in a refined restaurant.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
For the best weather, book your holiday packages to Dublin between June and August, when the temperature can rise into the high 20°C’s. Winters are cooler, but spring is a good time to visit for thinner crowds.
Dublin Holidays Experiences
- Ireland’s Celtic roots are best explored in the National Museum of Ireland. Here, you’ll find superb examples of Bronze Age and Iron Age metalwork, and the largest collection of Celtic artefacts in the world.
- Held each October, the Dublin Theatre Festival is a celebration of all things Irish. Expect fabulous food, live folk music, colourful costumes and superb theatrical performances designed to entertain adults and children alike.
- Phoenix Park is a huge green space set in the heart of the city. In addition to the lush greenery, the park also acts as home to Dublin Zoo.
- The Old Library at Trinity College holds some of the world’s oldest manuscripts and books, including the ancient Book of Kells. Visually stunning, it also doubled as the Jedi Library in one of the Star Wars movies.