An abundance of historic sites, remarkable views and lush green landscape are just some of Ireland’s most obvious drawcards and for good reason. The country’s rich history is waiting to be discovered everywhere you go, from stately homes to medieval buildings.
Ireland’s natural beauty can’t be ignored and neither can its vibrant culture, with its lively nightlife and toe-tapping traditional music sessions. The sheer number of must-see sights to explore can be overwhelming and a package holiday to Ireland with Qatar Airways Holidays is the best place to start.
- Explore the grounds of the magnificent 64-sq-km Powerscourt Estate just outside of Enniskerry.
- Enjoy the striking beauty of Glendalough Monastic Site; a 1000-year-old round tower, church and cathedral tucked away between two lakes.
- Visit the spectacular Rock of Cashel, a 13th-century Gothic cathedral and the 12th-century chapel set on top of a lush green hill.
- Take in the impressive views of the 214-metre high Cliffs of Moher, which look even more spectacular at sunset.
- Discover the many castles in Ireland; from the regal Ashford Castle in County Mayo to the medieval Cahir Castle in Tipperary.
Ireland Holiday Packages
From its ancient monuments and vibrant cities to its rugged coastline, sweeping beaches and rolling countryside, Ireland offers an assortment of memorable experiences. Putting together your perfect trip is made even easier with holiday packages to Ireland with Qatar Airways Holidays. Whether you’re after a family-friendly resort, city apartment, boutique hotel or luxury accommodation, a package holiday can be tailored to suit your needs.
Culinary packages to Ireland let you explore a wide variety of food options, from fine dining to authentic Irish cuisines like soda bread and hearty stews.
Good to know
GMT, Summer GMT+1 hour
Travelling to Ireland is best between May and mid-September when the weather is at its warmest. It’s busiest during the peak summer months, so it’s best to book package holidays to Ireland with Qatar Airways Holidays well in advance to secure your hotel of choice. Visitor numbers drop off between November and February, making it perfect if you prefer smaller crowds, especially in the main cities and tourist spots.
- Ride a horse along one of Ireland’s beautiful beaches. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced rider, a trek on horseback is ideal for all ages and a unique way to see the country’s breathtaking coastal views.
- Opt for a hiking trail with a difference with a bat walk in Glendalough, County Wicklow. Held in August, you’ll be taken to the Information Office at dusk to see hundreds of bats spill into the sky before following their flight path using bat detectors.
- Head back into time with a trip to Waterford, the country’s oldest city. Built by the Vikings, a stroll around this former port will bring you to Cathedral Square, Reginald's Tower, the Medieval Museum and Bishop's Palace.
- Discover the best of Dublin with a tour around the ancient Capital. Highlights include Dublin Castle, St Patrick’s Cathedral and Kilmainham Gaol.
- Spend the day shopping at one of the many shopping malls, food markets or traditional craft shops.
- Ireland’s calendar is full of festivals and celebrations your package holiday might coincide with. You won’t want to miss St Patrick’s Day in March; expect a sea of green, parades and plenty of Irish flags.