Thessaloniki is Greece’s second largest city. Located on the mainland in the northeastern part of the country, the turquoise waters Aegean Sea laps on the soft, white sandy beaches, making this the perfect destination for families, groups, and couples looking for a classic beach holiday.
But there is much more to Thessaloniki than sun, sand, and sea. Book a package holiday to Thessaloniki with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you can stroll along the Byzantine walls, visit ancient Roman ruins, and discover museums packed with ancient treasures.
There’s also plenty to please those who enjoy dining out. Take your pick from the excellent restaurants and cafés serving traditional Greek cuisine. You can keep the kids happily entertained with a choice of family-friendly activities including a waterpark and the Mediterranean Cosmos shopping mall, with a multiplex cinema and an amusement park.
- Retreat to the clean, sandy beaches with a lounger, shade parasol, and a good book
- Cool off in the glistening, clear blue sea with a choice of water sports from windsurfing and jet skiing to snorkelling and scuba diving
- See and be seen at the glamorous nightclubs along Thessaloniki’s waterfront
- Take the kids to the Waterland aquapark for some fun on the slides, or go to see flamingos living in the wild at the nearby Axios Delta Nature Reserve
- Discover more about ancient Greek, Roman, and Byzantine history in the museums and monuments of the area.
Thessaloniki Holiday Packages
Whether you’re visiting as a couple, a group of friends or with your family, holiday packages to Thessaloniki with Qatar Airways Holidays can be tailored to meet your every need. Pamper a loved one at a boutique hotel with its own spa, and enjoy romantic meals for two under the stars to the sound of the gently lapping waves. Pick a resort with a choice of pools and a kids club to keep the children happy and give you the chance to relax and unwind. Or look for a hotel in the centre of the city to be close to all the shops, restaurants and nightlife.
Discover delicious Greek classics from moussaka to baklava with a culinary package to Thessaloniki to cater to every taste. And make your trip as memorable as possible with a choice of unforgettable experiences.
Good to know
GMT+2 hours, Summer GMT+3 hours
In the summer months, Thessaloniki is warm and sunny – ideal for hitting the beach. Due to school holidays, August is the busiest month. July is the hottest month to visit, when temperatures average 25°C with highs of 31°C. Autumn can be a quieter time to stay, but it is still pleasantly warm. In January, temperatures fall to 6°C. The sun starts to shine, and the tourists start to return from May onwards, with highs of 24°C.
Thessaloniki Holidays Experiences
- Ride the waves kites surfing at Angelochori Beach
- Plan your package holiday to Thessaloniki to coincide with the International Film Festival, the largest celebration of cinema in Greece
- Enjoy the views of the city from the top of the landmark White Tower near the harbour
- Arrange a day trip to the towering Mount Olympus, the mythical home of the ancient Greek gods
- Take your lunch with a side order of a breath-taking view at the Skyline bar on the top floor of the 76m high OTE Tower