A country made up of thousands of idyllic islands in the south east of Europe, Greece is bursting with history and natural scenery. You can book a Greece travel package with Qatar Airways Holidays and discover the capital Athens, with 7,000 years of colourful history and where western civilisation is said to have started.
Go island hopping and explore mountainous peaks, cobalt lakes, and white sandy beaches, or visit some of the world’s oldest archaeological sites and monuments such as the might hilltop Temple of Apollo Epicurius. Greece has been welcoming visitors for thousands of years – perhaps it's time you discovered why this stunning country is perennially at the top of the must-visit lists for discerning travellers.
Greece Holiday Packages
Whether you want to scuba dive to sunken wrecks in the clear turquoise sea on the island of Zakynthos, embrace the vibrant nightlife scene on Mykonos, or visit ancient sites and temples in Delphi on Mount Parnassus on mainland Greece, there’s plenty to choose from with Qatar Airways Holidays.
Book your Greece tour package and choose from a wide selection of luxury hotels, leisure activities, and fascinating tours that will bring stories of ancient Greek mythology to life, or take you to remote areas of outstanding beauty.
Good to know
GMT+2 hours, Summer GMT+3 hours
- Whether you’re looking for an activity-filled trip or relaxing sunshine break, Greece has it all with colourful coastal villages, ancient architecture and spectacular natural landscapes.
- In the capital Athens on mainland Greece, you’ll find upscale boutiques and markets selling traditional Greek items such as jewellery or leather products. Watch opera performance at Athens Concert Hall, or visit the Panathinaiko Stadium, where the Olympic Games were first established in 1896. Archaeological sites include the Olympian Temple of Zeus and Ancient Agora. The country is full of myths and legends, and you can learn about ancient Greek history and the Roman period at the Athens National Archaeological Museum.
- The islands in Greece are bursting with charm, and you’ll find endless beaches, secluded coves, and sapphire waters around the craggy coastline. Head to Santorini where white-washed buildings glisten in the sunshine, set in the hillside beneath colourful cliffs. In the evening the buildings practically glow with the reflected shades of orange and red from the setting sun.
- For an authentic culinary experience in Greece, visit the island of Limnos and savour local wine, cheese platters, and sweet honey amid verdant green plains and huge rock formations.
- On Crete, visit the Ideon Cave, where the God Zeus is said to have been born, hike through the national park and visit the Samaria Gorge, or wander along alleyways in Chania and admire fountains and grand Venetian mansions.
- The cosmopolitan island of Corfu blends old with new and has the UNESCO-listed Old Town with preserved cobbled streets, narrow alleys, and piazzas that lead to monuments, cafés, and small shops.