Birthplace of the famous poet, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Frankfurt is a comparatively quiet and compact city with plenty to offer visitors and sightseers. Sitting on the banks of the River Main and home to the European Central Bank, it has become an important part of Germany’s economy and the high-rise offices and apartments have earned it the nickname ‘Mainhattan’. A package holiday to Frankfurt with Qatar Airways Holidays will introduce you to a city that is as proud of its past as it is of its future.
You’ll find plenty of museums, examples of superb architecture, and some fantastic and welcoming restaurants where you can indulge in the flavours of authentic, delicious German food. Those travelling with children will find a selection of family-friendly attractions ensuring that there’s something for everyone.
Frankfurt Holiday Packages
Frankfurt is one of Germany’s leading tourist destinations and the largest city in the state of Hesse. There is plenty to see and do in this cosmopolitan city from exploring the Botanical Gardens to renowned cultural venues from the Concert Hall Alte Oper to Europe’s largest English theatre.
You’ll find plenty of accommodation options from low-priced hotels that are ideal for weekend breaks to luxury five-star accommodation. If you’re taking the whole family on a package holiday to Frankfurt with Qatar Airways Holidays you might even want to consider one of the self-catering family apartments available.
The city is ideal for food lovers and you’ll get to taste the best it has to offer with culinary packages to Frankfurt. Expect everything from traditional to contemporary cuisine - with a few surprises thrown in along the way.
- For a fun and fascinating day out with the kids pay a visit to Frankfurt Zoo which is home to over 4,500 wild and exotic animals.
- The Städel Museum offers a fascinating dip into the city’s cultural heritage, housing an extensive collection of artworks including paintings by Matisse and Caravaggio.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture and book your package holiday to Frankfurt with Qatar Airways Holidays in August when the Main Festival takes place. Expect folk dancing, fantastic food, live music, fairground rides and an astonishing firework display.
- The Eiserner Steg bridge is worth a visit for the views alone. The more romantically-inclined might like to add a ‘love lock’ to the thousands that already adorn this popular attraction
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Frankfurt Holidays Experiences
- To enjoy one of the best views of the city head to the Main Tower in the Innenstadt district. Over 200 metres high, the Tower is one of the tallest in Frankfurt – but don’t worry about climbing stairs there’s a visitors’ platform which takes you right to the top.
- Have a go at making your dreams come true by visiting one of the city’s four wishing wells. Situated in front of specific monuments and parks these wells are ornate fountains and a favourite place for locals to meet and socialise.
- For top-of-the-range shopping head to the MyZeil Shopping Centre where you’ll find big-brand stores and designer shops. If you’d prefer something more eclectic the Berger Straße is the place to go for unique boutique stores and independent retailers.
- For a night out, you’ll find you’re never far from a restaurant. Frankfurt’s culinary scene is a diverse one, offering everything from traditional German food to haute cuisine and fine dining.