From Berlin to Bavaria, Germany is full of surprises. Brooding forests, fairytale castles, modern art and opera – it's an eclectic and distinctive country with plenty to offer the curious traveller. Let Qatar Airways Holidays help you discover this fascinating country with a package that gives you the opportunity to explore the ultra-modern attractions of its cities and the stunning countryside of its interior.
In terms of history, German has had quite an impact on the world. You can stand in a Roman amphitheatre or find out more about the country's influence on art and design. This is a country where you can see the future right next to its past, and it is this diversity that makes Germany unique.
Food is an important part of German culture and enjoying a pretzel and schnitzel alongside some of the more regional and seasonal dishes means you will start to build memories based on the tastes, sights and sounds of this beautiful country.
Germany Holiday Packages
History, culture, food and the great outdoors, Germany has a lot to offer any traveller. Select a luxury hotel from Qatar Airways Holidays selection and make the perfect holiday by combining a tour package with a culinary package to create a well rounded experience of Germany.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
- Berlin is known for not taking itself too seriously, which for a capital city is a rare thing! It is the epicentre of cool, and its striking architecture, fantastic restaurants and unpretentious attitude makes it irresistible, and hard not to love.
- Walk along the Berlin wall, see the Prussian Palace, visit Checkpoint Charlie and marvel at the history this one place has experienced. In the 20th century it has staged a revolution, was the Nazi HQ, was wiped out by bombing, divided in two and then reunited once again. History becomes alive in this city.
- If you are looking for traditional Germany full of Lederhosen and Dirndls, then head to Munich. The unofficial capital of south Germany, this Bavarian town flourishes with street cafés, art galleries and high-tech industry. The centre retains a small town feel but the museums and galleries are world class.
- The model for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty castle, Schloss Neuschwanstien rises out of the mountains like something from a fairy tale. The tour of the castle is highly recommended, as the history and ideas behind each room are explained in detail. Get the perfect view of the castle by walking up to Marienbrucke (Mary’s Bridge).
- Keep a pocket full of breadcrumbs when you visit the Black Forest, the setting for Hansel and Gretel! Stretching from the Swiss border to the posh spa town of Baden-Baden, and from the Rhine to just shy of Lake Constance, the Black Forest is huge. Travel to Triberg, the cuckoo clock capital, to see these distinctive clocks being made and to pick up one as a souvenir.