With a history as long, eventful, and fascinating as the Armenian capital’s, Yerevan is a complex destination unlike any other. Today, this vibrant city has its sights set firmly on the future and is quickly becoming one of Europe’s hottest holiday destinations for those in search of culture, quirkiness, and excellent food and entertainment scenes. With its grand Soviet architecture, a wealth of parks and public spaces, and a teeming café culture that spills out onto the streets, Yerevan is a city that captures the imagination and offers visitors a huge amount to see and do.
With a package holiday to Yerevan with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can discover the region’s ancient history, explore its idyllic countryside, and visit a whole host of national landmarks – all while enjoying the luxury of its finest hotels.
- Find yourself a curbside table at one of the city’s many bustling cafés and watch the world go by. During the warmer months, locals take to the streets every evening, where people watching becomes a national pastime.
- Explore the ancient Erebuni Fortress, an 8th Century BC settlement that boasts a fantastic museum highlighting the region’s strategic importance and its long history.
- Catch some music and a fantastic fountain display in Republic Square. A popular event known as the Singing Fountains is held every evening running from spring through to autumn. It’s a great place to gather and get a feel for this exciting city.
- Make the most of Yerevan’s excellent museums. Yerevan is a city of culture and packed full of fascinating exhibitions and galleries. While the History Museum and Cafesjian Centre for the Arts are two of the best, there are plenty of smaller museums to discover too.
Yerevan Holiday Packages
Home to plenty of upmarket hotels and excellent accommodation, a trip to Yerevan is an opportunity to explore this gem of a capital in style. With holiday packages to Yerevan with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re assured a comfortable and classy room and the highest standards of service. Whether you’re spending the day seeing the sights, relaxing in cafés, or heading out on an excursion, you’ll always have a comfortable, luxurious room to return to at the end of every day.
Experience Armenian cuisine with the country’s excellent barbecues, its world-famous dumplings and delicious lahmajun – a traditional Armenian dish that resembles pizza.
Good to know
Armenian, English, Russian
June and September when temperatures hover between the low 20s°C and peak at around 30°C. Between October and March are the best months for those who want to go skiing or enjoy a winter holiday.
Yerevan Holidays Experiences
- Take a trip out to Garni – a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s home to an ancient pagan temple, and an impressive fortress, palace, and public baths too. Set in a spectacular valley, this is one of Armenia’s top attractions.
- Find tickets for a show at the city’s beloved Opera House. While its musical shows are also excellent, the national dance groups are some of the finest in the world.
- Take a walk through the oldest park in Yerevan. Known as Lover’s Park, this open green space was designed in the Japanese style and often hosts open-air concerts.
- Time your visit to coincide with the Yerevan Birthday celebrations, which are usually held on the second Saturday of October. Stages are erected all over the city, and there’s plenty of musical, theatrical and dance performances to enjoy.