Package holidays to Armenia with Qatar Airways Holidays will introduce you to one of Asia's burgeoning holiday hotspots. Boasting a beautiful, mountainous backdrop, swooping gorges, charming historical sites and exceptional cuisine, Armenia is an undiscovered jewel. There's plenty to see and do from exploring the ancient monasteries that pepper the hilltops to shopping in sleek, chic malls and hunting for treasures in bustling markets.
Whether you decide to take advantage of the winter snows or bask on a sun-bleached beach, package holidays to Armenia with Qatar Airways Holidays are the best way to enjoy some quality downtime.
- Set against one of the country's most spectacular panoramas the ragged ruins of the Tatev Monastery built in the 9th Century ought to be on your list of things to see.
- Known as the 'Pink City' Armenia's capital, Yerevan, takes its name from the rose-coloured volcanic rock that was used in the construction of many of its buildings. Packed with historic buildings and with plenty of museums to explore, Yerevan is a perfect destination for your package holidays to Armenia with Qatar Airways Holidays.
- If you’ve got a head for heights, take a trip on the world’s longest cable-car, the Tatev Aerial Tramway. Offering unparalleled views on its journey from Halzor village to the Tatev Monastery, you’ll get an astonishing perspective on the Vorotan River Gorge, as you travel over 18,000 feet. Don’t forget to pack your camera.
- Skiers should head for the Tsaghkador Ski Resort, which offers over 27km of snow-covered slopes.
Armenia Holiday Packages
A relatively-undiscovered holiday destination, Armenia is a country that has remained unspoilt and hasn't bowed to the pressures of tourism. City skylines are dominated by domes and spiked with spires, giving them a distinctly Gothic feel. Head out to the smaller towns and villages, and you'll find houses built from distinctive volcanic stone. Whether you want to immerse yourself in traditional country life or experience the hustle and bustle of an Armenian city, there are holiday packages to Armenia with Qatar Airways Holidays to suit all tastes. Beautiful hotels offer 5-star luxury accommodation and you'll find plenty for younger visitors to see and do.
One of the best ways to explore a culture is to explore its gastronomy. Culinary packages to Armenia offer the chance to sample everything from simple-but-delicious street food, such as traditional Eech, to complex, delicate dishes served in elegant restaurants.
Good to know
Armenian, English, Russian
June and September when temperatures hover between the low 20s°C and peak at around 30°C. Between October and March are the best months for those who want to go skiing or enjoy a winter holiday.
- Visit in August to enjoy the annual Festival of Honey and Berries. Held in the Shamshadin region, you can expect a huge variety of different honey from across the country and some exquisite dishes made using local berries. In addition, the festival encourages artists and craftsmen from all over Armenia to come and show their work.
- If you're visiting in the summer and need a fun day out for the kids, Water World in Yerevan is the place to go, packed with rides it's the perfect place to cool off.
- Jermuk is home to the Jermuk Waterfall, also known as 'The Mermaid's Hair Waterfall'. Falling over 70 metres the water erupts in a spray of foam as it crashes onto the river below, making it the perfect picnic spot.
- Close to the centre of the city, the Yerevan Botanical Garden is a gorgeous collection of flora from the Southern Caucasus. Left very much to the gardening skills of Mother Nature, it’s a beautiful place from which to soak up a sunset.