Ho Chi Minh City Holidays
Ho Chi Minh City Holidays,Vietnam
Historically known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest, busiest, and most vibrant of Vietnam’s cities. A fast-paced, energetic city that’s going through lots of changes, Ho Chi Minh City effortlessly blends history, tradition and culture with modern restaurants, trendy entertainment venues, and high fashion. The city’s streets are constantly busy, its roadside cafés are packed full, and locals and tourists alike stop at food stalls to savour some of the best cuisines in the region.
Tucked in amongst a rapidly changing skyline the city's history is still there for all to see. French colonial architecture competes for space with serene Buddhist temples, and the city’s many museums and galleries keep its culture and history alive. A package holiday to Ho Chi Minh City with Qatar Airways Holidays gives you the opportunity to discover all this for yourself.
- Explore generations of culture – discover the pagodas of feudal Vietnam, the French colonial stylings of the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the skyscrapers of the modern Asian metropolis.
- Find the freshest ingredients at the famous Ben Thanh Market, then go out and taste how they’re put to use at one of the city’s many delicious restaurants. Vietnamese cuisine is world famous for its tongue-tingling flavours, and there’s no better place to try it than Ho Chi Minh City.
- Wander through Chinatown and immerse yourself in the food and culture of the large Chinese expatriate community who have made Ho Chi Minh City their home.
- Climb the Saigon Skydeck for incredible panoramic views of the city and surrounding areas.
Ho Chi Minh City Holiday Packages
Ho Chi Minh City’s modernising drive has meant that there’s no shortage of luxury accommodation, renowned restaurants, and stylish tourist facilities to take advantage of. Holiday packages to Ho Chi Minh City with Qatar Airways Holidays are the ideal way to ensure your stay is defined by comfort and class, and that you’ll have everything you need.
Our culinary packages to Ho Chi Minh City will also introduce you to some of the region’s most spectacular dishes, including pho, banh mi, and seafood-based bun rieu. There is no better way to discover this fascinating city than through its delicious food.
Good to know
GMT +7 hours
Vietnamese with English spoken in main tourist areas
Ho Chi Minh City is known for its tropical climate, in which humidity is often high, and heavy rain is likely for large swathes of the year. The dry season runs from December to April, while the rainy season lasts from May to November. Throughout the year, the temperature hardly fluctuates at all. The average high is 32°C, and the average low just above 21°C.
Ho Chi Minh City Holidays Experiences
- Catch a show at the wonderful Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre, where you’ll see traditional Vietnamese puppetry performed alongside musical performances.
- Look back on Ho Chi Minh City’s recent history by taking a trip to the War Remnants Museum. Home to some powerful and thought-provoking exhibits, the museum offers an interesting insight into the country’s most recent history.
- Take a tour of the Mekong Delta and discover how the river environment has shaped the city and many of the communities outside it.
- Explore the Cu Chi tunnels, where communist forces concealed themselves during the American War.
- Time your visit to coincide with the Lunar New Year Celebrations of Tet Nguyen Dan, the biggest festival in the country, or visit the sweet-smelling Perfume Festival from February to March.