Da Nang Holidays
Da Nang Holidays,Vietnam
Da Nang is Vietnam’s third largest city and one of the country’s most popular destinations for both adventure seekers and business travellers. However, unlike Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, it has a more relaxed, laid-back atmosphere, where you can still see glimpses of more traditional Vietnamese life alongside the 21st-century skyscrapers. It has the added advantage of having some superb beaches, making it ideal for a beach holiday. It’s also where you can taste some of the most authentic Vietnamese food in the country, stay in luxury hotels, or go back-packing to explore the charming nearby locations of Hoi An or the imperial capital of Hue.
With a package holiday to Da Nang with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can explore a city that has only just started opening up to tourism, so you have an opportunity to experience the real Vietnam, its warmth and hospitality, and its unique culture.
- Visit one of Da Nang’s beaches – the best and least developed are on the eastern side of the city, particularly My Kye Beach at the end of Dragon Bridge Road.
- Visit a spa for an authentic Vietnamese massage and pampering session.
- Hire a scooter and take a trip up Monkey Mountain. Take the trail up to the mountainous region of Son Tra. Watch out for road conditions, but the view from the summit is well worth the ride.
- Head to Thuy Son mountain’s famous Am Phu Cave, which offers you the chance to explore the Vietnamese spiritual journey as well as catch some amazing views from the top of the mountain.
- See the famous Dragon Bridge, which has a huge metal dragon built into its structure that changes colours at night. Make sure you’re there on Saturday or Sunday night at 9pm when this particular dragon breathes fire and water.
- Take a ride on the city’s very own giant Ferris wheel on the Han River (close to the Dragon Bridge) for stunning views of the city.
Da Nang Holidays Holiday Packages
With packages to Da Nang with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can stay at some of the country’s newest hotels and complexes, complete with stunning beach views and their very own infinity pools, in-house spas, and children’s entertainment. We can offer travellers who are looking for an authentic experience the chance to discover the real Vietnam while staying in comfortable, affordable hotels in the heart of the city.
Love Vietnamese food? Why not try all the flavours and unique local dishes that are exclusive to this region, as well as wander through street markets filled with spices and fresh produce. Take some lessons at one of the city’s cookery schools, or simply indulge your love of food at one of the more exclusive restaurants.
Good to know
Vietnamese with English spoken in main tourist areas
Vietnamese Dong (VND)
Da Nang Holidays Experiences
- If you’re here in March, you could catch the Ca Ong Festival, which celebrates the city’s heritage as a fishing village, with dancing, processions, and celebrations that aim to promote prosperity for the coming year..
- Da Nang is often host to international ballooning festivals, so it’s your opportunity to catch a ride on one of the brightly-coloured balloons and see the city from a very different perspective.
- Head up into the hills with a trip to the Ba Na Hill station, approximately 40km west of the city. High above the clouds, you’ll find a location that’s filled with restaurants and bars, with unspoilt views of the South China Sea. Take a ride on the Cable Car, or take the children to visit the Fantasy Park.
- Take a tour around the Cao Dai Temple, one of the brightest and most colourful of Da Nang’s temples.
- Visit the World Heritage site of My Son City, the country’s spiritual and political centre from the 4th to the 13th century, where you’ll find beautifully preserved monuments in among the green heart of a hidden valley.