Auckland Holidays,New Zealand
When most people think of New Zealand, the first image that enters their mind is rolling, green hills, snow-capped peaks, golden beaches, majestic fjords, and incredible wildlife. What they don't realise, is that New Zealand is also home to some of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan, and exciting cities in the Southern Hemisphere. Founded on the North Island's coastline, Auckland is a city defined by the water. From its classy harbours to whale watching trips and water sports, Auckland has a strong affinity for the sea. With a blossoming arts scene, an impressive array of food trucks, markets and fine-dining restaurants, and excellent shopping opportunities, it's a city with a lot to offer visitors from all over the world.
Auckland Holiday Packages
If you want to ensure your visit to New Zealand goes exactly to plan, holiday packages to Auckland with Qatar Airways Holidays are the answer. Ensuring you stay in the utmost luxury, travel in style, and enjoy every moment of your trip, our package holidays are an ideal way to experience this beautiful country.
Our culinary packages to Auckland allow you to taste your way around the city, enjoying some of the region’s finest fresh produce. Guided tours provide an insight into the area’s culture and history, and a host of outdoor activities are within easy reach of the city.
- Head up the city’s iconic Sky Tower for the best view of the city. The tallest freestanding building in the Southern Hemisphere, there’s an excellent observation deck and restaurant.
- Take a tour out to the famous Hobbiton Movie Set, where much of the Lord of the Rings series was filmed and find out what it would be like to live in Middle Earth.
- Experience bird song like you’ve never heard before on the idyllic Tiritiri Matangi Island. This nature reserve is home to indigenous wildlife and is famous for the quantity of endangered birds it shelters.
- Watch the brave jump off the Kawarau Bridge with AJ Hackett – the man who popularised bungee jumping and opened the first commercial bungee jump. This is the original bungee site and a fantastic opportunity to get your pulse racing.
Good to know
GMT +12 hours
New Zealand dollar
Auckland experiences warm, humid summers and mild winters. Average temperatures in the summer fluctuate between 15-25°C. In the winter, temperatures of 7-15°C can be expected. Rainfall is distributed fairly evenly throughout the year. Snow is rare, even during the coldest months of July and August.
Auckland Holidays Experiences
A package holiday to Auckland with Qatar Airways Holidays gives you the opportunity to explore the city at your own pace, before heading out to enjoy the region’s awe-inspiring natural heritage.
- Take a stroll through the impressive harbours and waterfront areas and discover why Auckland is known as the ‘City of Sails.’ Hop on a ferry and cruise up the coast for a different perspective of the city.
- Spot sharks, dolphins, and even whales on a day trip out on one of the many sightseeing boats departing Auckland harbour.
- Explore the sprawling Otara Flea Market; a Maori market packed full of bargains. Whether you’re looking for some new threads, a bite to eat, or some souvenirs to take home, you’ll find them here.
- Head out to the Hauraki Gulf and thread your way through the area’s string of picturesque islands, encountering incredible landscapes and wildlife along the way.