Washington D.C. Holidays
Washington D.C. Holidays,United States Of America
For many, Washington DC is the city that best symbolises the ideals of American democracy. It’s a city packed full of iconic monuments and a place where unique discoveries are around every corner. But, dig a little deeper, and you’ll discover a city with a great deal more than just great history. Its green, open spaces offer plenty of places to relax, while its influential music venues host performances by performers from all over the world.
Its museums are some of the finest in the country, and its restaurants and entertainment venues are building a reputation for excellence to rival Paris and Rome. With a package holiday to Washington DC with Qatar Airways Holidays, all of this is within your reach.
- Tour the incredible number of world-renowned monuments packed into the city’s parks and streets, from the Lincoln Monument or the exact spot where Martin Luther King Jr made his famous speech.
- Make the most of the Smithsonian Institution’s incredible array of museums, many of which are lined up along the Mall. There are 19 museums in total, but two of the best are the National Museum of Natural History and the National Museum of American History.
- Get a feel for the enormous impact Washington DC has had on the country’s artistic heritage. Catch a performance at the National Theatre, buy tickets for a show at the Kennedy Centre or head down to U Street for some authentic American jazz.
- Catch a glimpse of the White House, then make your way over to Capitol Hill, where you’ll find yourself right in the heart of the nation’s governing institutions.
Washington D.C Holiday Packages
As the political heart of the nation, as well as its capital, Washington DC has plenty of high-end accommodation. With holiday packages to Washington DC with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can be sure of staying in absolute luxury, at one of the city’s finest hotels. Whether you’re spending an enlightening day at the city’s museums, enjoying its ample green spaces, or staying out late to catch a show, we guarantee that you’ll return to a room that’s defined by its comfort and class.
Our culinary packages to Washington DC also give you the opportunity to dine out at some of the city’s best restaurants. With a burgeoning fine dining scene that’s beginning to gain critical acclaim, it’s your opportunity to sample some of the best food in the USA.
Good to know
United States dollar
The climate in Washington DC is typified by cold, snowy winters and hot summers. The average temperature in winter is just above freezing and any snowfall is usually light. Summer can see temperatures rise to an average high of around 27°C, though it’s not unusual for them to exceed 30°C. Spring and autumn are typically mild to warm.
Washington D.C. Holidays Experiences
- Take a trip out to Rock Creek Park, which boasts over 50km of trails and is perfect for those that want to walk, jog or cycle through beautiful natural surroundings.
- Explore the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, one of the country’s most provocative and exciting cultural institutions.
- Head down to Barracks Row in the Eastern Market and dine out at one of the city’s top restaurants. After, grab a coffee in a nearby café or head to one of the many live music venues for a little bit of entertainment.
- Make your way around the excellent National Zoological Park and come face to face with some of the wildest animals known to man.