Philadelphia Holidays,United States Of America
Philadelphia may be one of the United States’ most historic cities, but it’s also a modern, vibrant, and exciting cultural centre that still plays an important role in the country’s contemporary art, music and architectural scenes. Known as the birthplace of America, the city is home to a host of impressive historical sites, and some of the finest examples of early American architecture.
It also boasts some of the world’s most famous art galleries and museums, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rodin Museum. Often immortalised in film and music, Philadelphia is one of the USA’s most enticing, enjoyable, and interesting holiday destinations. With a package holiday to Philadelphia with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can discover this enthralling city at your own pace and in your own style.
- Discover a living and breathing slice of modern American history by touring the city’s most famous landmarks. Visit Edgar Allen Poe’s house, the Eastern State Penitentiary, and the First Bank of America, and learn a little about the city’s revolutionary history.
- Recreate the iconic training montage from the Rocky films by jogging up the steps leading to the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Enjoy the amazing array of public art on display in Philadelphia’s streets, parks, and squares. Known for having the most public art of any city in the United States, there’s always something to capture your attention in Philadelphia.
- Take a day trip to New York City. Just a few hours away by train or car, the Big Apple is within easy reach of Philadelphia and is an incredible day out.
Philadelphia Holiday Packages
Whether you’re wandering through the exhibits at the Philadelphia Museum of Art or browsing in the high-end fashion boutiques on Rittenhouse Row, it’s important to know that you’ll be returning to the comfort and luxury of the city’s top accommodation at the end of the day. With holiday packages to Philadelphia with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re guaranteed to stay in spacious and stylish surroundings, allowing you to make the most of your trip.
It’s also possible to experience the best of the city’s diverse foodie scene with our culinary packages in Philadelphia. Sample a famous Phili cheesesteak sandwich, taste the wares at the Reading Terminal Market or eat out at one of Philadelphia’s popular Chinese, Lebanese, Brazilian or Indian restaurants.
Good to know
United States dollar
Philadelphia experiences cold winters and hot summers. Snow is common throughout the winter months, and temperatures can often drop below freezing. From May to October, temperatures reach highs of 30°C, making Philadelphia a popular holiday destination throughout the summer. Spring and early autumn are also good times to visit the city, as temperatures are mild and the climate a little drier.
Philadelphia Holidays Experiences
- Take a walking tour around Philadelphia’s most historic sights. See the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and Constitution Hall, and discover how Philadelphia played a vital role in early US history.
- Enjoy the incredible artwork at the prestigious Philadelphia Museum of Art. Home to paintings by Duchamp, Cézanne, and Dali, this internationally renowned gallery is one of the best in the world.
- Catch a baseball game at Citizens Bank Park. The Philadelphia Phillies are the oldest team in the country and a large part of the city’s sporting identity.
- Wander through the rows of red brick buildings in the Old City, shopping, eating, and relaxing in some of Philadelphia’s finest boutiques, cafés, and restaurants as you go.