Houston Holidays,United States Of America
Home to eclectic arts and culture districts, a renowned nightlife scene and great weather pretty much all year round, Houston is a sprawling metropolis set in the heart of cowboy country. Whether it’s exploring all the honky-tonk music and barbecue joints Houston has on offer or enjoying some retail therapy in one of its dozen shopping areas, a package holiday to Houston with Qatar Airways Holidays has plenty to keep you busy.
- Explore outer space without leaving the ground in lunar simulators and anti-gravity environments at NASA's Space Centre Houston.
- Wander around the world-class exhibits at some of the 17 museums in the city’s extensive museum district.
- See the gleaming Houston skyline, lush green spaces, and colony of 250,000 Mexican bats under the Waugh Drive Bridge at the 160-acre Buffalo Bayou Park.
- Watch a show on one of the two stages at the award-winning indoor Alley Theatre.
- Spend the whole day shopping at one of Houston’s premier shopping outlets or head to one of the many farmer’s markets for some farm-fresh food.
Houston Holiday Packages
From luxury 5-star stays and family-friendly hotels to affordable apartment accommodation, holiday packages to Houston with Qatar Airways Holidays let you experience this vibrant city your own way. Culinary packages to Houston will take you on a tour of the city’s diverse food scene, including everything from its signature food trucks and elegant downtown dining to Tex-Mex and Southern barbeque flavours.
Perfect for couples, families or the solo traveller, a Houston package holiday includes flights, transfers, and hotels, so you can spend less time organizing and more time enjoying this friendly and unique destination.
Good to know
United States dollar
The best time of year to book package holidays to Houston with Qatar Airways Holidays is from February to April or from September to November when the weather is warm and mild. In the summer months, temperatures can reach highs of 35°C, and many Houston residents leave the city and retreat to the cool of the surrounding countryside.
Houston Holidays Experiences
- Honour independence at the famous San Jacinto Monument, which marks the victory that gave Texas its independence.
- Feed the giraffes from a special platform at the 55-acre Houston Zoo.
- Home to 200 species of marine life, enjoy the heart-stopping moment sharks swim above you in the acrylic tunnel tank at the Downtown Aquarium.
- Experience the adrenaline highs of skydiving without jumping from an aeroplane at IFLY Indoor Skydiving.
- Visit some of the city’s historic places said to be inhabited by ghosts. One of the most haunted destinations in America, take a tour around Houston’s old establishments if you fancy a good scare.
- There’s no shortage of festivals and events in the city, and whenever you book your package holiday to Houston with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’ll find something to suit. Visit in January for the Chevron Houston Marathon, February for Mardi Gras celebrations, and March for the three-week livestock show and rodeo. You’ll also find lots of art, music and food fairs throughout the year.
- Explore further afield and take a day trip outside of Houston to the Armand Bayou Nature Center or the Moody Mansion on Galveston Island.