Johannesburg Holidays,South Africa
Known locally as ‘Jo-burg’ or ‘J-burg’. Johannesburg has grown to become one of the most exciting, welcoming, and diverse cities in the world. Book a trip to Johannesburg with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you can explore a holiday destination that’s as green as it is metropolitan. With over 10 million trees peppered across its streets and suburbs, it’s small wonder that Johannesburg has gained a reputation for being the ‘world’s largest man-made forest’.
Whether you’re getting away from it all with your loved one or taking the whole family on the holiday of a lifetime, there’s plenty to see and do. Gold Reef City, themed around South Africa’s mining past is one of the country’s biggest amusement parks. Complete with rides, slides and fun for all, it's an ideal family day. For a fascinating glimpse into the past be sure to visit the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that is home to the remains of the first prehistoric man ever discovered. With a wealth of exciting entertainment and attractions, your package holiday to Johannesburg is sure to delight everyone, young and old.
- A holiday to Johannesburg wouldn’t be complete without the thrill of a safari. Lion Park offers over 600 hectares of land to explore and the chance to spot some of the country’s most iconic inhabitants.
- To immerse yourself in Jo-burg’s cultural landscape pay a visit to the Soweto Theatre where you’ll find daily theatrical and musical performances.
- For an off-the-beaten-track shopping experience head to Kwa Mai Mai Market. One of the city's oldest markets where you can buy handmade goods from local Zulu, Shembe and Tsonga craftsmen
- Any thrill-seekers in your group will be delighted with a visit to the Orlando Power Station Towers where you can watch bungee-jumpers defy gravity from one of the highest points in the city.
Johannesburg Holiday Packages
With over 6 million visitors passing through each year, Johannesburg remains Africa’s most visited city. While many parts of the city now consist of sleek, contemporary buildings and shopping centres, you won’t have far to travel to find examples of the city’s living history, such as in its many eclectic markets. When it comes to deciding where to stay, you’ll find there are plenty of options. Book a package holiday to Johannesburg with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you can choose anything from affordable to five-star luxury hotels, and self-catering family apartments where your time is your own.
If you who want to discover the burgeoning food-scene, there are culinary packages to Johannesburg where you can sample everything from simple, sizzling street food, to sumptuous gourmet dinners. Whether you’re travelling with your partner or the entire family, you’ll find that this warm and welcoming city has something for everyone.
Good to know
Afrikaans, English, Zulu
Johannesburg Holidays Experiences
- Visit in February to enjoy the classical sounds of the Johannesburg International Mozart Festival featuring internationally-acclaimed musicians from across the globe.
- June is when you’ll find the annual Fire and Feast Festival in full swing. Expect live music, live cooking displays and the smells of an exciting array of meats, cooking on a variety of ovens.
- Sports fans will enjoy a day out at the Kaizer Chiefs Football Club Village which has given rise to some of the best players in the world.
- Less than half an hour from Johannesburg, the Lesedi Cultural Village offers visitors the chance to experience South African culture at its most authentic.