Cape Town Holidays
Cape Town Holidays,South Africa
Cape Town has to be one of the most iconic cities in the world, with its dramatic mountain backdrop, golden beaches, cosmopolitan feel and a vibrant restaurant and café culture. Head up Table Mountain, visit the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront for a spot of shopping or watch the colony of African penguins at Boulders Beach. Each day of your stay in Cape Town can be very different to the last.
Qatar Airways holiday have a variety of holiday packages to this South African city and can make your stay as special as possible.
Cape Town Holiday Packages
Browse Qatar Airways Holidays extensive list of luxury hotels, tour packages, excursions and culinary packages to build your perfect holiday to Cape Town.
Hike up Table Mountain, eat at the restaurant below the Gold Museum and experience traditional African food, theatrical song and dance, or just enjoy watching the penguins. No matter what you decide to do, Cape Town is a fabulous holiday destination.
Good to know
Afrikaans, English, Zulu
Cape Town Holidays Experiences
- A trip to Table Mountain is a must when visiting Cape Town. Whether you hike up the side or take the cable car, the views from the top are simply breathtaking. The hike will take you a few hours but it's well worth the effort. At the top you are rewarded with various viewing points, paths, some wonderful flowers and plants, a small gift shop and a restaurant.
- You are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in Cape Town, all are beautiful especially those around the Atlantic Seaboard area. The most popular beach is Boulders Beach and although you can’t even walk on it, it allows you to see penguins in their natural habitat. There are a series of raised walkways that allow you to get close to them without any disruption.
- Spend an afternoon at the V&A Waterfront and you will be able to shop for local arts and crafts, as well as in the high end boutiques. Here you can jump on a tour of the harbour, take a boat to Robben Island famous for housing political prisoners including Nelson Mandela, or visit the Two Oceans Aquarium.
- Cuisine in Cape Town is as diverse as the people who live in this great city. Most of the restaurants can be found in the V&A Waterfront, Heritage Square, Greenmarket Square and Georges Mall. The trendy suburb of Camps Bay is an up and coming area and you will find luxury beach hotels, high end restaurant, chic cafés and boutiques all just seven minutes from the centre of Cape Town.
- If you are in Cape Town over a Sunday between November and March, head to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens where the afternoon concerts are a bit of an institution. The Gardens themselves are some of the most beautiful in the world and include a fragrance garden where the flowers have been raised for easy sniffing, and a Tree Canopy Walkway that rises though the trees providing incredible views.