Marrakech Holidays,Morocco Holidays
Book a package holiday to Marrakech with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you could find yourself in a bustling city surrounded by stunning architecture and surprises at every corner. Almost 1,000 years old Marrakech is known as 'The Red City' as a result of the rusty colouring found in the stonework, adding an otherworldly air to this already-exotic holiday hotspot. You'll find examples of its rich and exciting history almost everywhere you go, from the beautiful ruins of the El Badi Palace and the ornate carvings in the ancient Saadian Tombs to the delicate beauty of the Koutoubia Minaret.
There's much more to Marrakech than its perfectly-preserved past, explore the lush gardens, maze-like souks, and vibrant bazaars, where you can haggle for unique and unusual goods. With sizzling street food vendors, gourmet restaurants, and a bounty of exciting attractions, a package holiday to Marrakech is something to remember.
• A trip to Marrakech wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the city’s most famous market, Jemaa el-Fnaa. A fabulous fusion of marketplace and theatre you can easily spend a day browsing the busy stalls or watching the street entertainment.
• Take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life and head to the Jardin Majorelle and relax among lush greenery and quietly babbling brooks.
• If you need to recharge your batteries, look out for the traditional hammams that pepper the city and treat yourself to a Moroccan massage.
• Immerse yourself in the city's spectacular culture with a visit to the Museum of Moroccan Arts, located in Dar Si Said.
Marrakech Holiday Packages
Marrakech welcomes over 10 million visitors each year making it one of the world's most popular holiday hotspots. This ancient, unique destination gives you an authentic experience that hasn't been overwhelmed by the usual tourist trappings. There are plenty of options when it comes to accommodation, book a package holiday to Marrakech with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you can choose anything from staying in a traditional Riad or affordable hotel to luxury five-star rooms and spacious, self-catering family apartments.
There are culinary packages to Marrakech available for those who want to experience one of the world's most exciting and eclectic cuisines. Book a culinary package, and you could find yourself sampling dishes such as hearty B'stilla pie and spicy Harira soup from a side-street stall or dining out on a fabulous fusion of French and African cuisine in a charming gourmet restaurant. With something for everyone, you can tailor your holiday to Marrakech to your tastes and needs.
Good to know
GMT , Summer GMT+1 hour
Arabic, Berber, French, English
220V 50 Hz
If you want to enjoy perfect sightseeing conditions, book your break between March and May or September and November. If you're happy with the heat, the summer sees the thermometer climb as high as 45°C.
Marrakech Holidays Experiences
• Visit the city’s tanneries to see how the handbags and outfits in the markets are cut, dyed, and made.
• The souks in the Old Medina are the perfect environment in which to unleash your inner treasure-hunter. Among the stalls, you’ll find everything from food and handcrafted goods, to old books and glittering jewellery.
• Visit the Saadian Tombs to see the final resting place of the rulers of the Saadi dynasty.
• Whether your interest is spiritual or architectural, a visit to the Koutoubia Mosque ought to be high on your list. Sporting a beautiful 12th-century minaret and a hub for daily worship, this is one of the most impressive and important attractions in Marrakech.