Casablanca Holidays,Morocco Holidays
Book a package holiday to Casablanca with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you'll be introduced to the charms of Morocco's largest city. Once a French-built port, Casablanca is a whitewashed wonderland of Art Deco buildings, beautiful boulevards, and avenues lined with palm trees. However, it's not all colonial architecture; the Hassan II Mosque and the Place Mohammed V both stand as an elegant testament to the ancient Moors who made this city their home. Similarly, the walled Old Medina gives a fleeting glimpse into Casablanca's rich past.
When it comes to shopping, you’ll have plenty of chances to haggle for bargains in one of the bustling markets. Here you can buy anything from olives, meat and vegetables, to perfumes, handcrafted jewellery and authentic Moroccan rugs. A truly romantic backdrop to any holiday, Casablanca is a magical city with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
• Combine your city break with a beach holiday and pay a visit to the popular Corniche district. Along the beautiful sands, you'll find plenty of places to eat and can easily spend a day watching expensive-looking yachts and boats bobbing about in the harbour.
• To see a seamless blend of Moroccan and European architectures spend some time exploring the Cathédrale du Sacre Coeur.
• There's no better way to immerse yourself in the local culture than a visit to Central Market. Haggle your way to a bargain or enjoy a robust Moroccan coffee or a refreshing mint tea and watch the traders at work.
• If you want to explore the rolling desert that surrounds Casablanca, you'll find camel tours available allowing you to see sights such as the Sahara Erg Chebbi sand dunes.
Casablanca Holiday Packages
Casablanca is a city that has held on firmly to its original character and charm - most evident in the winding streets and traditional medinas in the Old Town. Whether you've booked your package holiday to Casablanca with Qatar Airways Holidays for you and your partner or the whole family, you'll find plenty of accommodation options. From affordable to five-star luxury hotels and spacious, self-catering family apartments.
Food is very much an integral part of the Moroccan culture, and there are culinary packages to Casablanca to introduce you to the fantastic cuisine. Dishes are a mixture of French and African influences, where you can expect to taste street food such as bessara soup and freshly-grilled sardines, to contemporary dishes served in high-end restaurants. Package holidays to Casablanca with Qatar Airways Holidays include the cost of the flight, transfer and accommodation, allowing you to enjoy your break.
Good to know
GMT , Summer GMT+1 hour
Arabic, Berber, French, English
220V 50 Hz
While the summer months are very hot, the best sightseeing conditions are in the late spring and early autumn. During these months temperatures reach high twenties Celsius, and the crowds tend to be smaller.
Casablanca Holidays Experiences
• Visit the SKY28 Twin Centre the two tallest buildings in the country. If you have a head for heights, enjoy a meal on the restaurant situated on the 27th floor and offering stunning views of the city.
• To get a closer look at the influences of Moroccan art, the Villa des Arts makes for a fascinating visit.
• The Exposition Nationale d’Artisanat is one of the best souks in Casablanca and the perfect place to search for handmade gifts and jewellery.
• For a dip into the city’s past, visit La Sqala the remains of the original Portuguese fortress that gave rise to Casablanca.