Stretching out into the Arabian Gulf, Qatar is a peninsula nation that is rich in Arabic history and modern luxuries. Over recent years it has become one of the fastest growing economies countries in the world, and is rapidly becoming one of the 'must see' destinations for discerning travellers.
The capital Doha boasts unique architecture with soaring skyscrapers and the modern shopping malls but still manages to retain its cultural heritage with traditional dhows and the bustling Souq Waqif. Discover the delights of the burgeoning country with Qatar Airways Holidays and step into a world that is thriving in arts, culture, and exotic cuisine.
Qatar Holiday Packages
Experience a memorable adventure to this small Arabian country, where modern architecture shapes the city of Doha against the backdrop of vast ancient deserts. Discover delicious Qatar culinary experiences in traditional souqs in Doha, or try international dishes in gourmet restaurants on the waterfront on the island of Pearl-Qatar.
Choose the best luxury hotels in Qatar, leisure activities, tours, and fun attractions with Qatar Airways Holidays, and enjoy an adventure that will introduce you to a world where the old and the new sit effortlessly together.
Good to know
- As Qatar evolves and grows, traces of Arabian history are still evident throughout with cultural gems and natural landscapes around every corner. Huge deserts and soft sandy beaches roll into man-made islands and ultra-modern suburbs, and the soaring skyscrapers that dominate Doha’s skyline can be seen from traditional buildings like the tranquil Al Ruweis mosque in the northern harbour town.
- The capital of Doha is an ever-changing piece of artwork, where high-rise buildings with glass façades reflect the colours of the sun, and man-made islands like Pearl-Qatar are home to marinas, shops and restaurants. You can watch films at the island’s Novo Imax cinema complex, enjoy retail therapy in luxury boutiques, or unwind on Qanat Quartier beach.
- Admire diverse artwork at Doha’s Museum of Islamic Art or the Mathaf Arab Museum of Modern Art, or walk along the waterfront Corniche. Kids will love the newly opened Angry Birds World theme park and the Aqua Park Qatar. Also, you can watch football matches at Hamad bin Khalifa Stadium, and play golf at Doha Golf Club’s 18-hole golf course.
- Qatar boasts a long Persian Gulf coastline that’s home to stunning, untouched beaches like Khor Al Udaid with calm waters at high tide and huge sweeping dunes at low tide. With a Qatar tour package, you can watch camel racing in Al Shahaniya, learn about the ancient sport of falconry, visit the ancient Zubara Fort, or sail on a traditional dhow boat.
- You’ll get a real taste of local life at Souq Waqif that has many stalls selling spices, clothing, handmade crafts, as well as lively restaurants and shisha lounges.