Set against the spectacular snow-tipped peaks of the Alborz Mountains, Tehran is a dynamic and vibrant city with a huge amount to offer visitors. The nation’s capital is a modern metropolis that’s drastically different to anything else you’ll find in the country. Home to a young, diverse and energetic population, the city is famed for its hospitality and the friendly welcome with which most visitors are greeted. Whether you’re spending the day exploring fashionable boutiques, relaxing with a tea and snacks, skiing in the mountains, or taking a walking tour of the city’s most important sites, you’ll discover a city that has plenty of charm and an electric atmosphere.
With a package holiday to Tehran with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re sure to fall in love with this cultured capital.
- Navigate the teeming alleys of Tehran’s Grand Bazaar. A hive of frantic activity and home to stalls selling every conceivable good, it’s the ideal place to shop for bargains or browse for that special holiday souvenir.
- Hang out on the magnificent Tabiat Bridge, a 270-metre multi-layered walkway that offers incredible views of the city skyline and its mountainous backdrop. A firm favourite among Tehran locals, it’s a great place to get a feel for the city and its people.
- Take a short break in one of the many traditional tea houses found throughout Tehran. Nothing can beat a well-brewed tea, a cosy café and a bite to eat on a lazy Tehran afternoon.
- Climb the iconic Azadi Tower for excellent views of the surrounding area. This stunning piece of architecture expertly blends modern design sensibilities with traditional Iranian aesthetics, resulting in one of the country’s most popular landmarks.
Tehran Holiday Packages
When you’re ready for a break from the busy streets of the capital, it’s important that you’re able to enjoy a little bit of luxury back at the hotel. With holiday packages to Tehran with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re guaranteed a room of the best quality, in one of the city’s finest hotels. Whether you’ve been exploring one of Tehran’s excellent museums, trekking in the mountains, or browsing through one of the city’s many bazaars, we’ll help you relax in style and absolute comfort.
Our culinary packages to Tehran also allow you to experience the fantastic Persian cuisine first hand. Get a taste for the excellent dizi – a sumptuous lamb, potato and chickpea stew. Sample Baghali Polo – a simple but delicious rice, dill and fava beans dish. Then top it all off with Sabzi Khordan – a platter of cheese, fresh herbs and flatbread.
Good to know
GMT+3:30 hours, Summer GMT+4:30 hours
Persian, with English spoken in main tourist areas.
220V 50 Hz
Tehran experiences four distinct seasons. Winter is generally cooler, while summers are hot and dry, with average highs of around 35°C. Spring and autumn are typically mild, though spring is slightly wetter than autumn. Due to the city’s geographical layout and its stark changes in elevation, temperatures can vary drastically from neighbourhood to neighbourhood.
Tehran Holidays Experiences
- The spellbinding architecture of Golestan Palace is not to be missed. A spectacular site full of fountains, mirrors, marble thrones, and incredibly intricate tiled designs, its world heritage status is well earned.
- Stroll around the Qasr Garden Museum, a brilliantly original sculpture park and gardens established on the grounds of two old prisons. Showcasing some of Iran’s most interesting modern sculpture, it’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon.
- Take a few days out on the shores of the Caspian Sea for some well-earned rest and relaxation. The coastal resorts are just a few hours drive from Tehran and boast several excellent beaches and beautiful seaside towns.
- When conditions are right, the Dizin Ski Resort is a fantastic place to try your hand at some winter sports. Just over an hour away from the city centre, it’s well within reach of day-trippers looking for a little snow.