Wrapped around a Roman-era harbour, boasting cliff top views and finely restored Ottoman houses, the once overlooked Antalya is now a destination in its own right.
Sitting on the Gulf of Antalya, it is the largest Turkish city on the Western Mediterranean coast. Classically beautiful and incredibly cosmopolitan, it's a genuine delight, and Qatar Airways Holidays are on hand to help you plan the perfect holiday to Antalya.
Antalya Holiday Packages
The cosmopolitan city has much to offer along being a top holiday destination. Antalya malls have many international designer outlets and high-end shops while at traditional bazaars you can shop for gift souvenirs. Indulge in authentic Turkish cuisine, whether you try out a small cafe or a fine dining restaurant, you are guaranteed to be served delicious food. Choose from a selection of luxury hotels and tour packages to plan your perfect holiday to Antalya.
Good to know
GMT +3 hours
Antalya Holidays Experiences
- You cannot leave Antalya without visiting the Antalya Museum which has exhibitions from the Stone Age through to the Byzantium period. Visit the Hall of Gods - home to 15 evocative statues of Olympian gods found at Perge and all in almost perfect condition. Upstairs you will find coins and gold from Aspendos, Side and Byzantine sites. You can access the museum using the old-fashioned tramway from the Kale Kapisi tramstop.
- Stop off and see Uckapilar (translated to ‘Three gates’) otherwise known as Hadrian’s Gate. The gate was erected when the Roman Emperor, Hadrian, visited Antalya in 130AD and is worth a visit when wondering the streets of Antalya.
- The historical district of Antalya starts at the main square of Kale Kapisi, with its old stone clock tower and statute of Attalus II. Head north from here and you will reach a sprawling covered bazaar which dates back to the late 15th century. Head back to the clock tower and head left towards a mosque, where you can marvel at the beautiful calligraphy in the tiles above the windows.
- Wander into the protected areas and you will find many of the picturesque Ottoman houses have been restored and converted into luxury boutique hotels and shops - the perfect place to base yourself for your vacation in Antalya.
- Hidden away in a back alley is a mosque that started life as a Greek Orthodox Panhagia Church. The original, intricate painted star motifs and angels on the ceiling have been preserved, a rarity in Antalya. If the gates are open, you can enter and climb the spiral staircase of the church’s old bell tower and enjoy views out over the gulf.
- For those looking for an ultra modern culinary experience in Antalya head to Vanilla. This modern restaurant is run by British chef Wayne and his Turkish wife Emel. The atmosphere is relaxed, minimal and unfussy, allowing you to concentrate on the distinctively international menu.