At the heart of modern Turkey, Ankara is the city that demonstrates how this country has remained a cultural crossroads for thousands of years. Here, tradition meets modernity, and the East meets the West. Its skyline mixes minarets and skyscrapers, while its vibrant artistic scenes draw inspiration from the ancient ruins and monuments that dot the surrounding area.
A youthful city driven by the vast economic, political, and educational influence it wields, Ankara is a dynamic capital that will captivate and astound in equal measure. By letting us take care of the details, visitors who travel on a package holiday to Ankara with Qatar Airways Holidays are free to enjoy Turkey’s buzzing capital in complete freedom.
- Explore the vast number of museums and galleries on offer, then wander through the open squares and cobbled streets of this vibrant and unique capital city.
- Enjoy a Turkish tea or coffee at one of the outdoor cafés in Kızılay, where you’ll find yourself sat beside an eclectic mix of students, businessmen and international diplomats.
- Discover a local culinary scene that’s exploding with new restaurants, ideas, and dishes. Ankara is the home of modern Turkish cuisine and is currently experiencing an exciting food renaissance.
- Take some time out and buy yourself something special from one of Ankara’s enormous shopping centres.
Ankara Holiday Packages
Though Ankara has a relatively short history as Turkey’s capital, its past stretches all the way back to the Bronze Age, and it has had a strong influence on the region for thousands of years. The city’s geographical location has resulted in the fusion of East and West into a unique cultural identity that begs to be both explored and savoured. One of the best ways of doing this is with our culinary packages to Ankara. Explore the city’s legendary cuisine, tasting a variety of dishes that range from the famous kebap to the lesser known, but equally delicious kofte.
Holiday packages to Ankara with Qatar Airways Holidays give you the opportunity to discover this energetic capital while staying in luxury hotels and travelling in style. If you want to experience the best modern Turkey has to offer, you don’t want to miss out on Ankara.
Good to know
GMT +3 hours
Due to its altitude, Ankara experiences great seasonal variation. Winters can be cold and snowy, with temperatures falling to average lows of -3°C at night, and rising to 5°C during the day. In the summer, the average high is 30°C, though temperatures have been known to reach 40°C. The majority of the city’s annual rainfall occurs during spring and autumn, making early summer (May and June) the best time to visit.
Ankara Holidays Experiences
- Explore the city’s imposing citadel and climb its walls for the best views of the city and surrounding area.
- Immerse yourself in the history that forms such an important part of Ankara’s identity by visiting the Anitkabir - a mausoleum and museum dedicated to the country’s founding father.
- The International Ankara Music Festival runs through most of April and is one of the most popular cultural events in the country. Attracting musicians and performers from all over the country, it’s an incredible musical experience.
- Head out of the city to the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Hattusa, and marvel at the rock carvings and remains of the region’s ancient Hittite population.