Stockholm maybe Sweden’s capital city but it has a distinctive village ‘feel’ to it that makes this charming location a very friendly and relaxed destination. Built on a picturesque patchwork of islands linked by bridges and served by ferries, the boats that bob in the harbours and the city’s elegant palaces give Stockholm a unique appeal. If you’re booking a package holiday to Stockholm with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’ll find plenty to see and do.
Look out for the Royal Palace of Drottningholm, which has been designated as a UNESCO world heritage site. Wander through the Old Town to explore its cobbled streets and beautiful bridges that hold the whole architectural collage together. With outstanding shopping, excellent restaurants, and its very own ABBA museum, booking a package holiday to Stockholm with Qatar Airways Holidays is a great idea at any time of year.
- There are plenty of boat trips available allowing you to cruise the canals or hop between the 14 islands that make up this superb city.
- Gamla Stan is the island that acts as home to Stockholm’s Old Town. Explore the palace of the Swedish Royal Family, visit the Nobel Museum or enjoy a coffee and a cake in one of the open-air cafés.
- If there are any shoppers in your party, Norrmalm is the place to go for designer goods and chic boutiques.
- The city’s subway system is known as the “world’s longest art gallery”. Most stations show works from over 150 artists helping to make the journey across the city a real pleasure.
Stockholm Holiday Packages
If you’ve booked your package holiday to Stockholm with Qatar Airways Holidays and you’re travelling with children, be sure to pay a visit to the island of Djurgården. Here, you’ll find a bounty of family-centric things to see and do, such as the storybook theme park of Junibacken, and the Gröna Lund amusement park. Accommodation is easy to come by, from budget-friendly options to luxury five-star hotels and spacious, self-catering family apartments.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour , Summer GMT+2 hours
To make the most of the sunshine visit Stockholm during the summer when the weather is at its warmest, and the gardens are in bloom. November is also extremely popular, as the city transforms itself into a gigantic Christmas grotto, lit by fairy lights and decorations.
Stockholm Holidays Experiences
Discover the exciting food scene on culinary packages in Stockholm and enjoy traditional treats such as meatballs served with lingonberry jam, or experience delicious creations made by some of Scandinavia’s finest chefs. However, you choose to spend your time in Stockholm you’re sure to be welcomed with the warmth that the inhabitants are well known for.
- Music fans can unleash their inner Dancing Queen at the ABBA Museum with plenty of interactive exhibits.
- Kungsträdgarden is a popular attraction at any time of year. In the warmer months, the rows of cherry blossom and sparkling fountains offer a tranquil place to relax while in winter the garden is transformed into a magical open-air ice-rink.
- The Hammarbybacken Ski Centre is perfect for those who want to add a shot of adrenaline to their break.
- To get a glimpse of the authentic Scandinavian culture, book your package holiday to Stockholm in June and experience National Day. Expect to see people in the national dress, live music, food stalls, street entertainment, and fabulous firework displays.