For many years, Serbia has remained Europe’s hidden holiday gem – a warm and welcoming country blessed with astounding natural beauty and a fun-loving, party atmosphere. While Belgrade’s metropolitan feel and incredible nightlife have made it one of the most exciting capitals on the continent, it is by no means Serbia’s only attraction. The bohemian town of Niš is a laid-back delight, while multicultural Novi Pazar is architecturally breath-taking, and the country’s mountainous regions prove a spellbinding setting for a whole host of outdoor activities.
Despite its understandable focus on the future, Serbia is dripping with history and tradition, and visitors will be amazed by the number of landmarks that are tucked away in every corner of this small nation. With a package holiday to Serbia with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can discover the wonders of Serbia at your own pace and in your own style.
- Explore the imposing Kalemegdan Fortress and take in the incredible views of the country’s capital, Belgrade. Situated in a beautiful hilltop park, this is one of Serbia’s most iconic landmarks.
- Trek through the spectacular natural surroundings of Fruška Gora National Park fondly referred to as ‘the Jewel of Serbia’ by locals. Here, you’ll encounter breath-taking mountain landscapes, Orthodox monasteries, traditional villages and endless vineyards.
- Slip into your skis and head to Kopaonik for some excellent winter sports action. From December to April, the town becomes one of the premier snow resorts in the region and welcomes skiers and snowboarders from all over the world.
- Get your history fix at the ancient Roman town of Viminacium, one of the largest and best-preserved settlements of its kind anywhere in the world. Discover just how important Serbia has been to empires throughout the ages.
Serbia Holiday Packages
No matter where you travel, luxury and comfort are essential components of a successful getaway. With holiday packages to Serbia with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re guaranteed the highest quality accommodation the country has to offer. By teaming up with some of the most prestigious hotels in the region, we’re able to ensure your stay is as pleasurable as possible.
Our culinary packages to Serbia also give you the opportunity to sample some of the finest cooking found anywhere in Eastern Europe. A heady mix of Mediterranean, Turkish, Slavic and Continental cuisine, Serbian food is an exciting departure from your traditional fare and always absolutely delicious.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
The Serbian climate is heavily influenced by its geography and exposure to various weather systems. This means that the weather in the north of the country is often quite different to that of the south. In general, the south is drier in the summer but colder in the winter. The average temperature in the coldest months is around 0°C, rising to around 22°C in the summer.
- Head to the southern neighbourhoods of Belgrade and the famous ‘Gypsy Island,’ where you’ll discover a number of fantastic riverside beaches, plenty of water sports, and a host of excellent cafés and restaurants.
- Relax and recuperate in the thermal waters at the spa town of Sokobanja. Famed for the healing qualities of its clean, crisp air and humid steam rooms, this is the perfect opportunity to indulge yourself.
- Time your visit to coincide with the Kustendorf Film and Music Festival, one of Serbia’s most important cultural events. Despite being a relatively new festival, it still manages to attract a number of big-name directors, actors and celebrities every January.
- If music is your passion, make sure you catch Exit Music Festival in Novi Sad, one of the most respected annual festivals in Europe. Held in the incredible Petrovaradin Fortress, the festival is a visual and sonic delight.