With its captivating combination of steep cobbled alleyways, white-domed churches, medieval architecture and striking Atlantic Ocean backdrop, Lisbon blends the best of a city break and beach getaway into one destination. Portugal’s sun-kissed capital is brimming with great places to eat, lively nightlife, distinctive cultural charm, and plenty more to win you over.
With so much to see and do, a package holiday to Lisbon with Qatar Airways Holidays is a unique and memorable travel experience.
- Wander around the scalloped arches of the UNESCO-listed Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
- Explore the lush courtyards and relic-filled galleries of the mid-11th-century Castelo de São Jorge, before enjoying the impressive panoramic views from its towering walls
- Browse the many European and Asian paintings and decorative arts that line the walls of the Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga
- Stroll around the stalls of the Mercado da Baixa on the last weekend of the month, sampling the local delicacies and gourmet food as you go
- Roam around the 18th-century Praça do Comércio square, taking in views of the striking Arco da Rua Augusta, river Tagus and statue of Dom José I as you go
Lisbon Holiday Packages
Lisbon may be one of the sunniest places in Europe with its 3,023 hours of sunshine per year, but there’s much more to this city than just its beautiful weather. With museums, galleries, and live renditions of traditional fado music, there is lots to keep you entertained even on the very rare occasion when the sun dips behind a cloud.
A culinary package to Lisbon lets you experience everything from Michelin-starred restaurants in an increasingly sophisticated dining scene as well as traditional local foods like a plateful of irresistible pasteis de nata (custard tarts). With flights and hotels included, holiday packages to Lisbon with Qatar Airways Holidays take the stress out of planning your city break so you’ve got more time to enjoy everything Lisbon has to offer.
Good to know
Portuguese, with English spoken in main tourist areas
Summers in Lisbon are hot, with temperatures hitting the around 30°C between June and September. The endless sunshine is perfect for beach days but if sightseeing is high on your agenda, the best time to visit is between March and May when it’s milder but still sunny. Between September and October, summer crowds have thinned out, the weather is still warm and hotel rates are lower.
- Hop on the 19th-century Elevador de Santa Justa and be transported from the Baixa district to the Largo do Carmo and the ruins of the Carmo church
- Explore the city’s history at the Jerónimos Monastery and nearby Tower of Belém, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take a day trip to the resort town of Sintra. The 40-minute train ride to the foothills of the Sintra Mountains is worth it for views of the manicured floral gardens and picturesque villas and palaces
- It might not be known as a major shopping city, but there are still lots of places to shop in Lisbon. Highlights include the famous 1000-year-old Feira da Ladra market, the backstreet boutiques in Bairro Alto and the huge Centro Columbo shopping mall.
- There are many festivals and celebrations throughout the year in Lisbon, but book holiday packages to Lisbon with Qatar Airways Holidays during June to experience the main month of festivities. On June 12th and 13th, the city pays homage to its patron Santo Antonio with parades and processions. There are music festivals, exhibitions, sports events, and theatre events held over the summer.