Marbled streets, azure waters, mountains and a host of islands to discover, Croatia is a blend of tradition and glamour that is still relatively unspoilt and a little off the beaten track. That makes it perfect for visitors looking for peace and quiet, and a unique destination with a warm and friendly welcome. Dubrovnik, Split, Hvar, and the Plitvice Lakes are just some of the places you should visit whilst you stay in Croatia.
You can relax on some of the best, crowd-free beaches in Europe, sample delicious seafood, and wander through medieval historic cities that beckon you to explore their myriad of alleyways. Qatar Airways Holidays will help you put together the perfect holiday package to Croatia so you can discover this and so much more for yourself.
Croatia Holiday Packages
Island hopping, fantastic beaches and incredible landscapes - let Qatar Airways Holidays help you plan the perfect holiday. With a great range of luxury hotels, tour packages, culinary packages and experiences waiting for you, a holiday to Croatia with Qatar Airways Holidays is guaranteed to be a holiday of a lifetime.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
- Visit the impressive medieval city of Dubrovnik, surrounded by its fully resorted and impressive walls. For centuries it rivalled Venice as a trading port, and even today is filled with stunning buildings, churches, monasteries, palaces and wide marble squares inside the city walls. Walk down to Stradun and enjoy a coffee with the locals as you watch the world pass you by.
- Hvar is the most exclusive of the Croatian islands. Voted as one of three most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean, its pretty harbour attracts the most glamorous clientele. Stroll amongst the lavender fields and enjoy the famous pepper cakes, before taking a dip in the warm Adriatic waters.
- Greek, Venetian and Ottoman history influence the busy port of Split, and make it so vibrant. Roman ruins are surrounded by snaking streets filled with shops. Bacvice beach and Old Town is home to the most stylist of restaurants.
- In a densely forested national park you will find the spectacular Plitvice lakes, where a series of 16 lakes tumble into each other through a series of waterfalls and cascades. These mineral rich waters make their way through the rock, changing all the time. Walk the 18km pathways and wooden footbridges over the roar of the water below. If you do not want to walk, then you can take a free boat or bus and experience the waterfalls up close.
- Food in Croatia is heavily influenced by the countries that surround it. The focus is on using seasonal and local produce. You will find some fantastic seafood on the menu, while in the summer the cuisine leans closer to their Italian neighbours, whilst in winter it goes towards the Baltic side.