Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This small nation has emerged from a long and fascinating history to become one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in Europe. Endowed with an incredible cultural and natural heritage, Bosnia and Herzegovina manage to offer something for every type of traveller. Whether you want to soak up the historic ambience of Sarajevo, go skiing in the mountains, or pursue a variety of outdoor activities in the lowlands, this beautiful country is the ideal destination.
A package holiday to Bosnia and Herzegovina with Qatar Airways Holidays is the perfect opportunity to step off the beaten track and discover somewhere new.
- Immerse yourself in the compelling history of Sarajevo. A capital that's stood at the crossroads of history for most of its existence, there's an enormous cultural legacy to explore.
- Head up into the mountains and discover some of the best skiing and snowboarding conditions in the region. Host to the 1984 Winter Olympics, Bosnia and Herzegovina has a well-established winter sports scene.
- Hike through the picturesque countryside and find yourself confronted with an incredible natural heritage. Whether you enjoy climbing mountains, canyoning, or swimming in lakes and rivers, there’s plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy.
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife and culinary scene in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina’s second city.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Destinations
Bosnia and Herzegovina Holiday Packages
While Sarajevo is home to a variety of important museums, landmarks, and other cultural institutions, it’s also well known for its nightlife and the local cuisine. Culinary packages to Bosnia and Herzegovina allow you to explore the country bite by bite, starting with the capital’s modern and innovative restaurants and moving on to more traditional fare in rural regions.
Trekking tours are an excellent means of experiencing the unspoiled wilderness that constitutes much of the country, and fishing, cycling, and climbing activities can also be arranged. With holiday packages to Bosnia and Herzegovina with Qatar Airways Holidays, you can experience the best the country has to offer while staying in some of the region’s most luxurious hotels.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, English
The country experiences hot summers with an average high of 26-31°C and cold winters. In January, temperatures can drop to -5°C. Along the coast, winters are typically milder and wetter. In mountainous regions, they can be long, harsh, and extremely cold.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Experiences
- Take a guided tour of the many historical sites in Sarajevo. Stand at the exact spot at which Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated, explore giant churches, mosques, and synagogues, and lose yourself in the old town’s cobbled, winding streets.
- Go white water rafting, canoeing, or kayaking on one of the many spectacular rivers that wind their way through the country’s beautiful natural landscapes.
- Grab your fishing gear and take a trip to the River Sana - famous for its trout and excellent fly fishing opportunities.
- Cross the iconic medieval bridge at Mostar and watch locals dive into the Neretva River 21 metres below. A beautiful example of how diverse the country can be, Mostar is one of the country’s top tourist destinations.