One of the most popular destination in Europe, Vienna is in fact a state, rather than simply a city. Vienna sits nestled in the Danube Plain, and is a centre for the arts, music and culture. Vienna breaks with Qatar Airways Holidays let you explore this exciting destination, giving you the chance to waltz the evenings away, and spend your days wandering around fabulous museums and galleries.
Just as popular during the winter, it’s the home of traditional markets, horse-drawn carriage rides, and winter balls. This is the home of the Waltz, and a perfect place to practice your dancing technique. During the summer, the city is filled with events, including open-air film festivals, and contemporary dance and performance shows. Vienna is also a shopper’s paradise, so if you’re planning on a little retail therapy, the boutiques and independent shops offer a tantalising selection of luxury goods. Whether you’re planning a winter getaway or a summer break, Qatar Airways Holidays to Vienna offer you the chance to explore this charming, regal city all year round.
Vienna Holiday Packages
Vienna is one of those ideal destinations if you want a sophisticated city break with plenty of culture, entertainment, and unusual things to do. With lots of high quality accommodation on offer, and flights from all the major departure points, Qatar Airways Holidays can put together a quality city break to Vienna at any time of the year.
Browse the selection of hotels on offer, as well as the best flights to Vienna for you. Why not check out our range of custom touring packages to Vienna, to give you a real experience of the city? No matter what you want to do and when you want to go, Qatar Airways Holidays to Vienna are a great choice for couples and families.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
German, with English spoken in main tourist areas
The best time to visit Vienna is from April to May or September to October. The mild weather in spring and fall brings mild crowds. Most visitors aim to enjoy the warm, sunny weather that Vienna experiences in the summer months.
Vienna Holidays Experiences
- Danube: During the summer, Vienna can get hot. So the locals (and those visitors in the know) use the banks of the Danube as their very own private ‘city beach’. The safest part of the river is the Neu Donau channel. Along here you’ll find free spots and a number of pools and designated swimming beaches.
- Music and open-air concert: Music lies at the heart of Vienna, and if you want to hear it out in the open head to the Stadtpark, the largest of the city’s Ringstrasse parks. Here you can catch an open-air concert of the city’s favourite son, Johann Strauss.
- Riesenrad: A wonderful way to see the city from a different perspective is to hop on the Riesenrad or giant Ferris wheel. This has been a major attraction in Vienna since 1897, and today takes visitors up 213 feet into the air. Get there early during the summer, as queues can be long.
- Zoo: Vienna is home to the oldest zoo in the world, the Tiergarten. This 18th century zoo is still pulling in the visitors, with a rainforest house and a polarium. The stars of the show are the giant pandas. The architecture is almost as interesting as the animals. Facilities on-site are excellent, with plenty of cafés and drinks vendors.
- Winter market: Vienna’s seasonal markets are legendary, and if you’re visiting the city during the winter months there are plenty of opportunities to wander through the stalls all day long. The best markets are found in Rathaus, which is more of a fair than a market, and the delightful Spittelburg market. If you want something a little off the beaten track, head for the Freyung in the First District, which is popular with the locals and a great spot for picking up handicrafts and original, one-off gifts.