A cosmopolitan capital fashioned from a diverse array of cultural influences, Manila is a frantic, fast-paced and fascinating city that reserves its best features for those willing to dig a little deeper. With a history that encompasses colonial rule by Spanish, American, Arab, Malay, and Chinese powers, this patchwork city is a blend of architectures, cultures, and customs. It sprawls across an enormous area, and within its boundaries, the city has an incredible amount to see and do. You’ll continue unearthing surprises and secrets for the duration of your stay.
A package holiday to Manila with Qatar Airways Holidays is the ideal way to explore this vibrant and eclectic capital in your own unique way.
- Watch the sunset on Manila Bay and discover why the city is considered one of the region’s most breathtakingly exciting cities.
- Shop your way through the impressively large Greenhills Shopping Centre, where you’ll root through plenty of bargains. Whether you’re looking for clothes, antiques, watches, or jewellery, you’ll find it here.
- Make your way around the city sampling some of the finest street food you’ll find anywhere in the world. Taste caramelised deep-fried plantain, Filipino empanadas, and fried fish balls, and discover the nation’s wonderful cuisine for yourself.
- Head out of the city to local beaches, where you can soak up the sun, swim to your heart’s content, and try your hand at surfing.
Manila Holiday Packages
While Manila might be known for the fast-paced ‘organised chaos’ of its city streets, it’s still possible to enjoy the capital without sacrificing any of the comfort or class of a luxury holiday. With holiday packages to Manila with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’ll unwind from a day exploring the city’s landmarks, restaurants, and shops by relaxing in the finest accommodation Manila has to offer.
Our culinary packages to Manila allow visitors to sample the incredibly diverse local cuisine and try Filipino paellas, fried fish, spring rolls, and a whole host of other delicacies. Guided tours get you outside of the city and help you experience traditional Filipino culture. With so much to do, you won’t want to leave.
Good to know
Manila is a tropical city that sits extremely close to the equator. This results in high temperatures and humidity all year round. The year is divided into dry and wet seasons, with the dry season running from December to May, and the wet season from April to November. February and March are the best times to visit for warm, dry weather with lower humidity. Rainfall is typically concentrated into short bursts - even in the wet season.
Manila Holidays Experiences
- Tour the Intramuros – Manila’s famous walled city. The cultural and political headquarters of the Spanish government in the Philippines, this complex offers a fascinating insight into the city’s colonial history.
- Head out to Masungi Geo-reserve, where you’ll hike over lush rainforest using a variety of rope walls, swinging bridges, and vertigo-inducing viewing platforms.
- Explore the impact of WWII on the region at Corregidor Island. Home to plenty of old military installations, a number of fascinating museums, and sitting at the mouth of Manila Bay, it’s definitely a must-see.
- Time your visit to coincide with Manila’s incredible three-day Aliwan Grand Fiesta. The celebrations, typically held in the middle of April, encompass rainbow coloured carnival processions, cultural performances, and more food than you can imagine.