Whether you’re racing through the winding streets of the capital’s old town, relaxing in the serene calm of one of the city’s ancient temples, or enjoying the region’s distinct and delicious cuisine, it’s very easy to fall in love with Kathmandu. High up in the Himalayas, the city is a beautiful contradiction - a combination of ancient religion, cultural practices, and mythology, with the modern Asian urban experience. It’s a city defined by sensory overload, where the sounds, sights and smells are at their most potent, but it’s also a place where it’s easy to find a secret oasis of luxury if you need a break from the frantic pace of life.
A package holiday to Kathmandu with Qatar Airways Holidays allows you to experience the beauty of the Nepalese capital first hand, without having to sacrifice any of the comfort or style you desire.
- Weave your way through Kathmandu’s atmospheric old town and discover a world of hidden courtyards, elegant stupas, busy streets, packed restaurants, and wonderful spas.
- Get your fill of Nepalese handicrafts, souvenirs, and the occasional antique, as you make your way through the thronging crowds in the city centre.
- Head outside of the city and explore the region’s luscious, green hills. If you want to aim a little higher, the Himalaya’s snow-capped peaks await you.
- Sample delicious Nepalese cuisine – steamed dumplings, lentil soups, spicy pickles and aubergine curries are all on the menu.
Kathmandu Holiday Packages
Kathmandu is home to several luxury hotels, beautiful boutique guest houses, and tranquil spa and treatment centres. Tucked back from the noise of the city streets, visitors can stay in some of the region’s finest accommodation, and experience the capital at your own pace, in your own unique way. Package holidays to Kathmandu with Qatar Airways Holidays take care of your flights, transfers, and accommodation so you can get on with the business of enjoying this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Our culinary packages to Kathmandu will introduce you to the city’s mouth-watering momos – the steamed dumplings savoured throughout the country. Guided tours will help you step outside the city limits to explore the incredible reality of Nepal’s breathtaking mountainous landscapes. Whatever you want from your Kathmandu holiday, we’re here to help.
Good to know
Kathmandu typically experiences warm temperatures during the day but cool or cold nights and mornings. The winter months (December to February), see an average high of around 20°C and a low of 2°C. However, weather can be unpredictable during this period, and temperatures regularly drop below freezing. In the summer, the average high hits 29°C and the low is 20°C. Rainfall mainly occurs between June and August.
Kathmandu Holidays Experiences
- Climb up to the Swayambhunath, sometimes referred to as the ‘Monkey Temple,’ and discover some of Kathmandu’s most impressive religious architecture.
- Take a mountain flight along the stunning mountain ridges of the Himalayas. Get up close and personal with the highest peak on the planet, Mount Everest, and enjoy spectacular views of the region.
- Sign up for one of the guided trekking day trips out to the country. Experience the lush green hills, epic landscapes and idyllic villages of the rural areas surrounding Kathmandu.
- Relax and unwind in the wonderfully peaceful Garden of Dreams. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and recuperate in these delightful botanic gardens that have been painstakingly restored to their former glory after years of neglect.